Surface Pro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
considering i will need a home machine in the future since my ipad will just not cut it for anything but basic computing i picked up a pro 128gb with a red touch cover, mdp>hdmi adapter and a 128gb sdxc card.

i really like how 8 metro runs on my ultrabook, even though windows movie maker is broken (fixed it by using live essentials 2011) and the tcp/ip stack for wireless vpn is funky (works on cat5 just fine.... shouldnt be a problem since i wont be using it for work) .

it has a usb3 port - i would LOVE to find some sort of micro form factor wireless usb hub for it, otherwise a powered plug in hub would be fine for most things. my printer is wireless as is.

thoughts?

I like the new Surface. It's one of the best tablets for sure. It's somewhat pricey but still you get a great device for the money. I was thinking about getting a tablet but it's been so long since I could play any new games which makes me lean towards a desktop for my new pc.

My thoughts: I would get it if I didn't plan on getting a Nexus 7, AND a new quad-core pc...

saw a surface at the MS store playing crysis2. i think i'm all set to play starcraft2 or simcity5 on it :)

the ssd goes a great job gapping the performance between a dedicated video card and the intel onboard shit which has come a long way.

Back