Surging Idle?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IntegraB18LS

I recently swapped in a 1995 integra ls b18b1 motor into my 1995 civic ex d16 chassie. the motor surges when it idles, what could cause this? I swapped the motor and computer over and it did not do this in my integra. I do not see any vacuum lines not hooked up. Is it possible that I just havent drove the car on the road yet? Also it idles kinda high but that might be because I havent let it fully warmed up yet.

Kyle.

Oh one more question the dash on the civic sometimes doesnt work and the last owner told me to wiggle the wires under the dash around the fuse block area for the dash to work - what wires would this be? the tach/speedo/fuel/temp dont work and I cant find the wires that made it do it - he came over and messed with it and it worked he showed me where he hits the wires but I do it and nothing.

Okay I let her warm up and it stayed idleing around 2000rpm, I unpluged the IAC and it droped down to a nice 1000 rpm but the cheak engine light came on - is my IAC bad or is it something else that is making it idle high? It idles smooth at 2000 rpm but when you rev it is when it starts surging from - it will drop down to 1k then brings it to 2k then back to 1k back and forth for a while.

Also when I bend my fuse box the dash goes on?

Back