Surprise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you're not a fan of nirvana because you're too damn young to appreciate it. Fuck, man, he offed him self when i was 14.... making you fetuses (or is it fetui?) 5-8 years old and the only thing resembling music at your age was barney and seasme street theme songs.

look at the ages of those who hated on it. 23, 24, 26
and those who told those to STFU, 31

Yawn. Lost, Dexter, Nirvana, its nice all of you like whatever pop-culture tells you is cool, I'm sure corporate America appreciates your... malleability.

you're not a fan of nirvana because you're too damn young to appreciate it. Fuck, man, he offed him self when i was 14.... making you fetuses (or is it fetui?) 5-8 years old and the only thing resembling music at your age was barney and seasme street theme songs.

look at the ages of those who hated on it. 23, 24, 26
and those who told those to STFU, 31

oh bs.
i can fully appreciate good music when i hear it.
regardless of what decade its from.

i can also tell when something completely blows. nirvana would have faded into the nothingness in the late 90's, if cobain didnt blow his face off.

you watch, now that this addict is dead, her music will probably receive the same type of notoriety as nirvana has, and you know her music is shit. just give it time. she'll also be credited with changing something, other than her preferred poison.

i believe its the other way around, the ones who were teenagers at that time make themselves believe that it was great music, mainly because dude sucked the lead out of the barrel, and its a form of saying: "you werent there man, you just cant understand" and making yourself feel personally affected by something that had nothing to do with you.

but, silver, dexter is a damn good show. what show are you watching? must not be the showtime one we all watch.

Yawn. Lost, Dexter, Nirvana, its nice all of you like whatever pop-culture tells you is cool, I'm sure corporate America appreciates your... malleability.

cam, this is one time that you are the odd man out on popular consensus. if 9/10 people like something, it's probably good.

I'm sure you can appreciate it... but you didn't grow up with it. It was more/bigger than just the CD... it was the entire lifestyle that was SO much bigger than just nirvana, but they were a solid part of it, yes.

I honest;y haven't broken out a nirvana CD or loaded them onto my ipod in a good 10 years, because times have changed and so have my musical tastes. I can say the same thing for alice in chains, soundgarden, pearl jam, mother love bone, and everyone else on the singles soundtrack.

you didn't slow dance at 7th grade dances to come as you are....
you didn't have smells like teen spirit played by the coolest kids in their band at the pep rally before the homecoming game.
you didn't smoke your first bowl listening to lithium

It's the same thing for woodstock. We can never appreciate it because we weren't there for it and didn't experience it. Sure it had some good music. But, I can't stand probably half of the bands who played there, yet if i was there and lived through it, I bet it would be an entirely different point of view as I experienced more than just a CD.
Other than Joan Baez, can you honestly say you've heard of any of these bands from day 1?
Woodstock 1969 Lineup and Songlist
half of day 2 is obscure too.
there's even a few on day 3 that i don't know/haven't heard/if i didn't i coudln't tell you it was them.

oh, and since this is about amy whinehouse, I honestly can't say i've ever heard a single song by her enough to care.

oh, and since this is about amy whinehouse, I honestly can't say i've ever heard a single song by her enough to care.

B said:
I'm sure you can appreciate it... but you didn't grow up with it. It was more/bigger than just the CD... it was the entire lifestyle that was SO much bigger than just nirvana, but they were a solid part of it, yes.

I honest;y haven't broken out a nirvana CD or loaded them onto my ipod in a good 10 years, because times have changed and so have my musical tastes. I can say the same thing for alice in chains, soundgarden, pearl jam, mother love bone, and everyone else on the singles soundtrack.

you didn't slow dance at 7th grade dances to come as you are....
you didn't have smells like teen spirit played by the coolest kids in their band at the pep rally before the homecoming game.
you didn't smoke your first bowl listening to lithium

It's the same thing for woodstock. We can never appreciate it because we weren't there for it and didn't experience it. Sure it had some good music. But, I can't stand probably half of the bands who played there, yet if i was there and lived through it, I bet it would be an entirely different point of view as I experienced more than just a CD.
Other than Joan Baez, can you honestly say you've heard of any of these bands from day 1?
Woodstock 1969 Lineup and Songlist
half of day 2 is obscure too.
there's even a few on day 3 that i don't know/haven't heard/if i didn't i coudln't tell you it was them.

I'd have to agree. It is more than just the music itself.

B said:
I'm sure you can appreciate it... but you didn't grow up with it.
if you think i didnt grow up with nirvana because im a little younger than you your crazy. Growing up in seattle ive had nirvana shoved in my face everyday, its just old now. I listen to the radio all day at work and i hear nirvana 10 times a day minimum. I was 9 when he killed himself sure but my older sister rocked that shit day in and day out. I give the band credit for being good because they were im just not that into it anymore. I would much rather play some mad season or mother love bone

Everybody has had to have heard "Rehab." She had a different voice, I'm not saying it was good at all, just different. The only thing I remember about the song that could have brought praise from the reviewers was the big band/swing kind of sound behind her vocals. The band was decent in that respect and because it was something nobody was doing at the time it stood out. Not worth a Grammy, but a possible train of thought someone had that year.

Cobain couldn't play Avenged Sevenfold's stuff on Guitar Hero, let alone Guitar. He is labeled as a revolutionary because he pointed out the commercial shallowness of bands like Warrant and Winger. Retrospectively, that's not such a huge accomplishment. Just because disco likewise sucked doesn't mean we treat the first person to turn pop culture away from it like Leonardo Di-fucking-Vinci.

Cobain wasn't even the best front man in Nirvana, Dave Grohl (and I'm only lukewarm on the Foo Fighters but its true) is 100X the singer and musician that Cobain was.

cam, this is one time that you are the odd man out on popular consensus. if 9/10 people like something, it's probably good.

Negative, if 9/10 Americans like something it is probably garbage.

Everything you need to know about Cobain's abilities, rather than his marketing hype, can be explained by this: During the high water mark of MTV's "Unplugged" series they asked Cobain to show up and play acoustic guitar, he brought a second guitar player with him.

Listen to the tracks from that album, sounds like a 14 year old kid when Cobain is playing: muted chords, etc.

Edit: I have to say this though, every time I hear "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" I get goosebumps. The fact that it is still so haunting with poor guitar playing and off key singing is a tribute to the songwriter.... who was not a member of Nirvana.

Last edited:
Negative, if 9/10 Americans like something it is probably garbage.

Ya and it's sad when something you've been into becomes popular all of a sudden. It's such a let down knowing you'll have to give up on it :eek:

lmfao, well played

read about this saturday
do they know the cause of death yet? besides the assumed OD
def wasn't even remotely surprised by this, more surprised that it had taken this long

Back