Survey for knowledge :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

Dunno if i'm in the right thread to ask these questions, if not, sorry Mr. Moderators... :)

hopefully you guys/gals can answer these simple questions.

1. What do you look for in Coil/Coilover Performance?
2. What do you look for in Cam gears
3. What do you look for in Pulley systems?
4. What would make you buy a certain product over the other?

thanks for your help peeps :)
Nacho :ph34r:

1. sleeved coilovers = dump the fuck outta your car, ride like shit; full coilovers = best suspension setup IMO...dump your car and still be able to have a good ride...on either, you pretty much get what you pay for...Apex's N1 or Worldsport coilovers are da bomb, as well as almost ALL of the Tein's
2. On stock cams, not a goddamn thing more or less...on aftermarket cams, cam gears are almost a necessity...try to get at LEAST a 5-bolt from a good company (AEM, Skunk2, Toda, etc.), and stay away from the older 3-bolt AEM's and any cheapo brand (Hayame, Bomz, etc)...I've seen Hayame's literally fall apart before.
3. Nothing. Aftermarket pulleys sacrifice long-term reliability for a horsepower or 2.
4. What would make me buy a certain product over another? Other than personal preference, the gain/power/whatever that I'd get from it. Do research before you buy something, like a search on here or on honda-tech. I wouldn't buy a product that I'd never heard of and that I couldn't find any information about anywhere, other than on the manufacturer's website. In more instances than not, you get what you pay for.

:)

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Jan 25 2005, 12:28 AM
Dunno if i'm in the right thread to ask these questions, if not, sorry Mr. Moderators... :)

hopefully you guys/gals can answer these simple questions.

1. What do you look for in Coil/Coilover Performance?
2. What do you look for in Cam gears
3. What do you look for in Pulley systems?
4. What would make you buy a certain product over the other?

thanks for your help peeps :)
Nacho :ph34r:
[post=450948]Quoted post[/post]​

1. Availability for my vehicle
2. Availability for my vehicle
3. Availability for my vehicle
4. Availability for my vehicle

Seriously though

1. Springs that don't take a one off shock to support without making me feel like a scrambled egg.

2. Hex bolts over allen screws. It's not easy to torque an allen wrench.

3. A lightweight crank pulley that only turns the water pump/alternator

4. Good quality, durability.

1 quality and availability
2 don't i make my own
3 all depands
4 cost, quality, performance

1. good ride, but also great performance, depends on aplication :D
2. 5 bolt, amd a reputable comapany,
3. not worth it, unless your trying to loose alot of weight.
4. better performance, handling, and durability of the product.

got any more?

Back