Survey for Statistics Class

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

State of residence CT
Age 24
Gender Male
Accidents - Where you were at fault 1
Accidents - Where you were not at fault 7
# Speeding Tickets Zero

State of residence: California
Accidents - Where you were at fault: 1 (not on record)
Accidents - Where you were not at fault: 1 (not on record)
# Speeding Tickets: 1

Quick story on the speeding ticket, it happend when I was moving out of state, just recently, like 2 weeks ago, and I got busted for going 80 in a 75, what a fucking asshole of a cop.

This is a skewed survey in a sense that most of the people on this board are interested in cars and making cars go fast. But it also gives me a sample that is not just a certain type of people or those located in any one state.

I am also going to get local data and from other sources to balance this out. It is just for a final project, not to try to disprove any scientific theories this time :) .

I am going to get the statistics from the DMV or insurance company regarding the amount of offenses made by each sex in order to see which sex is actually the better driver based on statistics. I am doing this subject beacuse insurance rates are generally more for guys from ages 16-25. I would like to see what the cause of that is.

Null Hypothesis ~ Whatever the DMV tells me (Proportion)

Alternative Hypothesis ~ What I find with my data (Proportion in more or less than the Null)

State of residence : Michigan
Accidents - Where you were at fault : 0
Accidents - Where you were not at fault : 2
# Speeding Tickets : 2

I figured you might be doing a skewed survey.

Cool. Very interesting. Let us know how it turns out! :)

State of residence: CA
Accidents - Where you were at fault: 0
Accidents - Where you were not at fault: 0
# Speeding Tickets: 2

Accidents - Where you were at fault: 0
Accidents - Where you were not at fault: 1
# Speeding Tickets: 4, one for in excess of 100, advice: don't get one of those!

I can't believe the amounts of accidents some of people have been in, I can understand why a lot of people on here are deathly afraid of riding cycles.

dude! I did this EXACT same survey for my stats class!!!! WOAH!!!! Actually, we weren't doing hypothesis tests back then, that's our final project too!!!! i think our stats teachers have a conspiracy.

Accidents - Where you were at fault: 1
Accidents - Where you were not at fault: 0
# Speeding Tickets: 0

gender- male
age-22
accidents my fault-1
accidents NOT my fault- 0
speeding tickets- 1

damn you guys get in alot of accidents :blink:

Back