suspension adjustment help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trash man

who put the "S" in lisp?
I installed these coilovers yesterday and I was reading the directions on how to adjust ride height and I need some assistance. In the directions, it says to loosen collar nut #1, turn the cylinder to adjust the height, and then lock collar nut #1 back down. It also says if it's unnecessary, to not move nuts #2 and #3. Would this be the right way to lower the suspension? I've always unlocked collar nuts #2 and #3, threaded them down to the desired height and locked them back together. I tried what the directions said to do, but I can't turn the damn cylinder. I thought maybe the bottom part of the coilover (the silver part that bolts to the control arms) was threaded on the inside and that was why you would turn the cylinder itself up and down to adjust your height. I also tried unlocking nuts #2 and #3 and threading those down, but the spring got really loose (enough that I could move it up and down with my hand) and kinda freaked me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Back