1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension Bushes

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by saffcos4x4, Jun 30, 2009.

1. saffcos4x4

saffcos4x4 New Member

Can anyone tell me how much trouble it is to swap all the following bushing for poly bushes?......Do I need any special tools and will it take a whole day or a whole weekend?

Front and rear control arm bushings
    Front and rear shock bushings
    Front end sway bar links
    Steering rack bushings
    Transmission shifter stabilizer bushings
  2. ibdalovely1

ibdalovely1 New Member

dayton ohio
    these are fun fire fire and cut>Front and rear control arm bushings
    not to hard if the bolts rusty >Front and rear shock bushings
    not to hard if the bolts rusty >Front end sway bar links
    havent changed mine so dono>Steering rack bushings
    not to hard if the bolts rusty oh and you may have to drop the exhaust to get at it >Transmission shifter stabilizer bushings
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  3. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

Columbus, Ohio
    aw man. I thought this was goin to be a thread about the hanging gardens of babylon!that said, im not sure about the steering rack bushing or transmission stabilizer but the other ones require nothing more than hand tools. an impact would come in handy though depending on the level of rust. toss the polyurethane bushings in the freezer for a couple hours prior to installation to ease getting them in. tell me how the steering rack goes. I heard you practically have to disassemble the rack to replace it. I need to do mine soon.
Draft saved Draft deleted