1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspension clunking

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by 92CHB, Apr 22, 2006.

1. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

Okay to make the gf happy i told her i would replace her front struts on her alero last weekend, and i did with no problems... well that is after finding the front strut mounts were shot and that her right tie rod end was about to fall off [​IMG]

So i take it for a test drive after replacing everything and it steers alot better and the bumps are very smooth.... except for the front left still clunks [​IMG] So i went back and inspected everything in the front left suspension, everything looks and feels fine. So now i am stuck, I dont know if i got a bad sturt from the store or what. The struts have a lifetime replacment on them but its gonna seem pretty awkward returning a new shining strut telling them that it is blown.

So i guess i am asking you guys if it could be anything else that i cant seem. I cant figure this out and its very frustrating [​IMG]

2. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

Did you forget to put a bushing back?

3. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

I dont think so, but i am gonna disassemble the suspension when it stops raining. By the time i am done with this i will be able to change her struts in 15 mins :p

4. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

Your in MA too eh? Damn rain ruined my day!
    I hope Santa Clause brings me a garage for Christmas...

5. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

ya tell me about it, i finally get my car back from the body shop and all i want to do is throw my new exhaust and rims on it and give her a nice wash. Is that too much to ask for [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted