suspension for hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

suspension for hybrid???

Just wondering what particular brand and type of suspension you guys might recommend to me, my setup is a '96 civic coupe w/ H22A inside so my front end is already loaded down more than a regular civic. I want to get a really aggressive street/circuit setup. I was browsing thru TEIN and the one I liked was the "mono flex sport spec winding master" (I think??) It's a little over a 2 inch drop on both ends and the spring rates are about 800 in front and 450 in back (lbs/in) but I've been told with TEIN you are paying thru the nose for the name.....so any alternatives guys? Thanks in advance

-----Also, has anybody tried or heard about that FSD system that Koni came out with?? Supposedly that system allows you to have good cornering capabilities and maintain ride comfort...:shrug2:

Last edited:
There's way better options for the money than Teins. I had a set, and i won't be buying them again.

what's your budget?

I have the money to pick up the TEIN's if I wanted to....so you can put out there pretty much anything you're thinking of

He just hates Tein. They actually make a pretty decent product. Start researching any of the major coilover companies, but make sure you get something that allows you to independently adjust spring preload and ride height. That way you can make sure that you're able to compensate for any extra weight in the front end.

If you want to go cheaper, you can look at Progress Auto's H22 swap springs. They're pretty good quality too.

Back