suspension getting beat on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marek

What can i do so my car is not scraping and bouncing around so much?! The only thing i have done was lower it on tein springs. SHould i get new spring or shocks? please help out?!?!

Replace your shocks, factory shocks (which are probably worn out unless you have a newer car) were definitely not made to support a stiffer spring rate, so they do a bad job of dampening the kinetic energy coming out of the springs. Just remember, shocks convert kinetic energy from the springs into heat energy inside the shock, you want a shock that can handle the load the spring puts out.

EDIT: The scraping wont go away, you lowered you car, you just have to pay more attention now. I've found taking speed bumps at an angle if at all possible helps.

well i lowered my car on s-techs that said it lowers it 1.5 in. The teins lowered it alot, probably around 2 inches. What if i get the eibach pro-kit which drops it 1.4 in., will it raise the car a little, possibly preventing scraping? Also considering i have aftermarket shocks on

The advertised drop height is pretty much an average on cars. Various cars will notice varying amounts of drops (within a few tenths of course) due to the fact that every car is not identical. I would probably say its not worth it to swap springs if you want an extra tenth or so. My best advice is to pickup a set of adjustable coil overs (dont cheap out on them, Ebay=crap) and set the ride height to where you are happy with where your at.

BTW, what kind of car are we talking about?

Back