suspension guru i need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok i have put a set of the NEX full adujstable coil overs on my 91 crx. yes i know the dont make them for a ef. ill do a write up on it latter it is very simple to use them though. Well my question is. car dosent handle as well as it did with the suspension on the ek hatch. the car pushes in the front and it is hard to get the back to come around. i have the stock swaws and a full prothane bushing kit. I dont have much preload on at all should i chane this and if so where and where would you start at.

thanks
Shane

PS also i cant drop it to insanely low i still have to be able to fitt my 22" slicks on at the track.

First remove or disconnect your front swaybar if you don't have an aftermarket swaybar. This will increase your rear stiffness bias, causing more oversteer. What are your spring rates?

On your EK, what size swaybars did you have on the front and back and what size are the current ones on your car.

well the ek was a stock dx so no rear and stock but i dont even rember if they have those. the spring rates are un listed for the NEX kits it just says that its very stiff.

i would leave the front sway bar alone, and upgrade the rear.

What tires are you running also, and what size?

Have you tried playing around with air pressures, as well as shock settings?

-Chris

Originally posted by 97hatch@Nov 7 2004, 09:55 PM
ttt any more ideas
[post=413570]Quoted post[/post]​

Keep the front sway bar attached, removing it gets rid of a lot of camber control.

Running a small amount of toe out in front, (1/8th total toe, or 1/16th toe out per side) will help you gain more traction up front (and thus allowing the rear to come out sooner).

Back