Suspension Guru's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Hey guys, im looking for a nice track friendly suspension set-up for my Talon. More track rather than street. Basically the two brands im looking at are also available for honda's so i figured this would be a fairly open thread. Anyway, my budget is 1200-1400 for a solid coilover system. I have been looking at the Tein and D2 systems. Any input on these two particulars? Or does anyone have experience with other suspension companies that make products for the 1990 Talon?

Right now its between the...

D2 Sports Coilover-

Tien Super Street Coilover-

Opinions? Reviews? How do each perform?

d2 are made in tawian i believe and i can get them for like 550. . . so that should tell u something. . .

i would go with the tien's due to the name and rep of the company

I don't have them for a Talon, but I do have the Super Street Damper for my civic. No problems as of yet. Very happy with the performance.

If you're mainly tracking, I'd opt for some higher spring rates. The SS's are 390 front, 190 rear (for the civic at least). I'd go for at least 600 in the front for a track car.

Word of advice though .... if you ever want to go for the TEIN EDFC so you can control the dampening from inside the car, get the SS's with the upper pillowball mount. The threading on the top of the non-pillowball mount units are too thin for the device that controls the dampening on the shock towers, and you cannot upgrade later.

the TEINs are dope, but there are also many other companies you can go with that are as good. Tanabe and Koni are just a few, so check those out as well.

but TEIN = :thumbsup:

Definitely Tein over some cheap Taiwan no name brand. Tein puts real engineering and testing into each one of their coilover setups.

D2's are certainly not shitty by any means. If anything they are better than Omni, and may be better than some other base model coilovers. I havent heard any bad things from them, and I'm considering them for my coupe this spring.

my mom > tein.

but that said, I wouldn't go with either of those setups for a track car. Neither are what you want. If you're going tein, go into the RA/RE lines.

No as far as what i mean by track car is a road course track. I drag race but not very often, im more into road course racing. Im just trying to find a solid suspension that i will be happy with.

look for high spring rates, shock cylinder diameter (thicker the better), and beefy connectors/fittings

Back