Suspension Help for civic 94

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2civic187

Hello newbie here i'm trying to change my springs but idk how to do anyone have a do it yourself guide? any what springs will fit an eg? I wanted to buy some springs but they were for a sedan will it go nice to a coupe?

Go buy a Haynes/Chilton manual from Auto-Zone. It will have detailed instructions and pictures for you. Also, do some Google searching for "civic suspension install." There's lots of write-ups on the Internet for this kind of stuff.

One more thing...if you're going to lower your car with springs you need performance shocks as well. Lowering springs will cause factory shocks to blow out because they're designed for a specific ride height...

no im not planning lower just putting oem springs from a doner it was from a 92-95 civic si. springs are the same for coupe and sedan? thanks i got some coilovers also but didn't install them. the car has tokico hp blue shocks already brand new.

Oh, alright. Well if you have Tokico shocks already you should be fine with most OEM springs and a lot of after-market springs as well. The Si springs should fit ok. I'd probably go with after-market springs though. Neuspeed/H&R, Eibach, Tokico, etc. all make decent springs that aren't too horribly expensive...

i have look into those but they lower the car and thats one thing idont want at all a lowered car just normal height is good for me .

Why are you opposed to lowering? Most springs won't lower it that much. I have Tokico springs on my Integra and they only drop it about an inch and a half. I don't have any problems with scraping or bottoming out, and my tires don't wear funny either. The car handles really nicely though...

so tokico springs won't drop much well i got the oem springs all ready to just intall them. but don't lowering springs waste your shocks faster?

They will cause factory shocks to blow out quicker. That's what I was explaining in my first post. Those Tokico shocks are built to work fine with a drop of around 1.5" or so. I have those same shocks and the matching Tokico springs that go with them. I've had them for about two years now and no problems whatsoever...

my budget is 500 dollars only. and my goal would be something that drives good steers easy and will last for a long time. I got tokico blue shocks

I'm with Brutal and will totally back Tokico any day. I've had mine for an astounding 150,000miles plus and they just went out this year. haha Talk about some damn good shock/struts for a great price. Tokico Blues are a GREAT investment as far as I am concerned. They worked very well and the ride felt very good with my Eibach 2" drop too.

And yes, this is the year I FINALLY upgrade my suspension. haha

thank you all for all your answer it was really helpful. How can you add people here? what are you guys running for suspension.?

960d_1.jpg

This are the springs i'm thinking of putting for now what do you guys think? Are they in good shape?
I will get some H&R, Tokico, Tein, Skunk2. Not sure but will get them in a couple of months.

Remove strut/spring as an assembly. Keep in mind, the rear lower bolts tend to "snap" when removing. They are actually hardened steel bolts, which you will need to buy from the dealership. After, carefully depress the the spring off of the strut. You can always have a shop do this for you cheap and they can always press the new spring onto the strut for you, and all you are left with is a bolt-back-in affair.

I just finished my shocks and coilovers about a week now, I know what everyone would think and say about my greddiness of cheap shocks but I went with DropZone....they're decent but I could of done better...Handle's and Response good....

I'm pretty surprised when 1 of my back bolts came out fine but the other side I had to....well....I melt the rubber and used a new piece.... all this took 3 hours for back with BLOX camber change too...Fronts took 1 hour at MOST! with camber change...

DropZone isn't as bad as everyone say... BUT... by just letting everyone know you can do better... PERFORMANCE WISE!!!!!! I'm just for looks...

:werd: :withstupid: Why scrimp on something that has to do with the safety of your car?

Thanks do any1 know where can i shop for some coil springs.. i will do the job myself where can i buy a spring compressor. I will post pictures of the job before and after

You can buy springs lots of places. I bought mine on E-Bay. Just make sure you purchase from reputable buyers.

You can buy a spring compressor at any auto parts store. They cost about $30, and you can usually rent them if you don't feel like paying for it...

i have megan racing springs in my civic there a good priced company...and tha quality is good too

:fr:

Back