Suspension, HELP PLEASE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
When I first installed my coil-overs and dropped my car on my stock struts months back now, we had to remove the factory dust covers. The car was riding on the dust covers and the spring would not compress. So they were removed, and that was that.
When I got my tokico blues, I noticed on the warranty it said failure to use the dust covers will void the warranty.
Am I suppose to use the factory dust covers or was tokico suppose to supply with some? Does anyone else not use them and everything turned out fine because i'm worried that the struts life is being reduced without them off?

Please someone let me know the deal because my springs are on the way and I will be installing my springs and taking off my coil-overs in a few days and would like to know what to do so i can take care of it when that time comes around.

Thanks

yo sorry i cant help you with that one but maybe you can help me do u have like just the affordable like 200 dollar adjustable coilovers on your stock struts

I dont have my stock shocks on anymore...been riding around with tokico hp's with no covers for 2 weeks.
I am gonna be selling my coil-overs when i take them off which will be a few days from now.
They are maxspeed coil-overs for 90-01 integras.
Installed for 2 weeks and I will include everything for $75+shipping.

Anyone else on the dust covers?

oh i see what im asking is i already bought my coilovers and im wondering if its not good to put them on stock shocks and should i buy performance shocks right away or will they be ok for now

ugh, don't take over my post...I'll answer your question on your post...i need some help with this...anyone else on the covers?

hey i found out something for you the shocks werent supposed to come with dust covers taking off the stock ones voids the warranty and yes eventually they can ruin the shocks i know alot of people just take them off anyway but if you really worried about the warranty than find some way to keep them on hope that helps

HEY MAN I'M GOING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAXSPEED COILOVERS SUCK. THEY BLEW MY TOKICO STRUTS IN A MONTH. SO I HAD TO GO BUY SOME GROUND CONTROL COILOVERS AND I'VE BEEN HAPPY EVER SINCE.

Back