suspension kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im going to lower my car and I need to know if Im going to need a lowering kit ex. rear lower control arms, thicker upper strut mounts and so on. Ive seen cars dropped with out all that stuff but I have also seen them dropped to the lowset point possilbe and their tires are all inverted. So does it all matter on how low I drop it

Im going to lower my car and I need to know if Im going to need a lowering kit ex. rear lower control arms, thicker upper strut mounts and so on. Ive seen cars dropped with out all that stuff but I have also seen them dropped to the lowset point possilbe and their tires are all inverted. So does it all matter on how low I drop it

It does matter somewhat. On my Integra I'm lowered about 1.5" on Tokico springs and shocks, and I'm using the stock control arms and no camber adjusters. I've had no problems with tire wear whatsoever.

If you're going to lower more than that however, then a camber kit and after-market control arms would probably be a good idea. If you're just doing a minimal drop, then just get a good alignment and you will probably be fine.

An alignment is a necessity anytime you do anything with the suspension. Bad toe angles will eat up tires just as quickly as a camber problem will.

Like ahhvtec said though, a camber kit is never a bad idea.

depending on how low your going and what your lowering it for make a difference too, for instance i have negative camber but im not going to put a camber kit on because i do autox and a little negative camber helps you out a bit on tight turns. deifnately align your car after you lower it because it will be toed out and it will tear your tires up. if your lookin for a stiffer ride after lowering it pick up a strut tower bar, sway bars, etc etc

hope this helps

Back