1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension problems, please help me!

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by ryangt, Jul 23, 2005.

1. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

ok my setup is koni yellow adjustable shocks, eibach sportline springs, hankook ventus tires on 16 in wheels tho i want to go with 17s soon.
    the ride seems ok, and the corners seem like they will be great

THE PROBLEM:
    Car feels like its on its tippy toes when its driving, it kinda wanders at times and seems to want to pull left or right depending on situation, it like i said basically feels like the cars on its tip ties, i need to sort this out, it feels dangerous to drive it like this.
    please give me some help as soon as you can
    thanks in advance.

2. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

Alignment?

3. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

i dont think its alignment, it tracks straight for the most part, im stumped here

4. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

maybe your toe is way off? does it make any squeking noise?...only other thing I could think of is that your tread on your tires is at a point..but that almost never happens...unless it was a defective tire...which i've never heard of a tire like that lol...

5. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I've had a defective tire. The thing would ALWAYS pull left. I put my first set of aftermarket wheels on, and it tracked fine. 4 sets of wheels/tires later, and I never had a problem after that.

Yea, you should really consider an alignment. They are around 40 a peice if you shop around.

6. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

yeah your wheels might be like this
    (/)---(\) tilted in

or (\)---(/) out

you want (|)---(|) 'cept for some certain situations.

7. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

also, your car can track in a straight line fine even if your alignment is off. If everything is equally bad like both tires are seriously toe in or out.

8. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Most alignment places will check your alignment for free since they know that if its off your pretty much going to get an alignment through them. Go ahead and take it to a national chain like Just Tires or something to that effect and have them check it.

9. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

main thing you can do to check if your toe is out is look at the thread on your tires...is the inner most part of them wore down or the outer most part?..I had put a camber kit on my car and like 4 days of driving on it with HORRIBLE toe my inner most tire was showing steel belts...glad I hadn't bought my good tires yet..lol

10. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Or maybe it's because you have a bigger tire and it is being pulled depending on the road. Front wheel drives are like that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted