Suspension Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I plan on buying some eibach sportline springs for my 97 civic ex coupe, do i need to buy aftermarket shocks, because i am on a budget and do not have very much money. The springs lower the car 1.6" front and rear.
Thanks

short answer no, long answer yes. You dont NEED them but its a good idea. The car would feel much better overall. And you are really only gonna see ill effecets on handling intill you do get some stiffer shocks. The stiffer the spring the stiffer the shock (basicly) so other then the look your really only doing bad for you cars handling other then lowering its center of gravity. On the other hand people do it all the time and its not a problem at all other then hoping your shocks dont blow witch even then isint to big a problem, though it does happen. All im saying is dont expect a big handling difference till you get stiff shocks too. And the same gos vice versa stiff shocks with alot of damping wont do shit for a stock spring but make the car handle funny, like not predictable.

Ps this is how my teg is running now sep i have some shity sleeve coils from the previous owner

thanks, i plan on buying shocks, but i would like to lower the car, and save money up for other things like an exhaust system and a header.
i will probably end up buying new shocks summer 05

Back