Suspension Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joekernan

Ok all feel free to make fun of me, but please help because I don't know jack about cars...

I am buying a 1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan for 1000 bucks (a steal but needs some minor work)

One of it's problems is that this thing rides like it's a damn trampoline. My brother lowered it a year or so back and I'm thinking this thing needs some kind of suspension overhaul..Now..

Shocks or struts? What kind of springs? I'm lost!!! Thanks everyone

You will probably want to replace the springs and struts to get the ride you are looking for. For the money tokico blues are a great choice for struts. For springs if you are wanting to maintain factory ride heigth so it can be aligned try and find some oem springs either used or new. Search in forums or on ebay for the springs. This will get the car ridding like it used to. ;)

You will want to get both. They are the 2 main parts of the suspension. If you look underneath your car you can obiviously tell what part is the spring the strut is in the center of it it is basically the shock that mounts inside the spring.

if you want to stay lowered...my suspension setup has been riding very smooth

kyb agx adjustable shocks and struts
tein h-tech racing springs

Back