suspension...set up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxfreak

I have a 91 crx si....which already has pretty good handling just its short so high speed u know they like to spin.....otherwise great car...BUT i was looking at some suspension and i was thinking the Tokico Illumnia 5 way adjustable gas shocks....either tokico,nuespeed, or h&r race springs....Suspension techniques sway bars and just some strut bars like...bomz racing are some ok ones they are really thick light strong metal and cheap....so the top strut bar over engine the rear upper and lower strutbar....should stick pretty good to the ground...what do u think?? also i dont want my car to get too low because since i have a b18a the headers are already scary to the ground i mean a 2.0 drop will have them touchin speed bumps...maybe whats some good springs for handling that dont drop the hell out of the car but good performance???

You have a pretty good set up except for your strut bars. They blow. Bomz racing sucks. For your front strut bar, go with the Nuespeed 4 point bar. For the rear, go with some other brand then Bomz racing. (not sure who makes a good strut bar for crx's but look at Skunk2, cusco, jic, ect.)

For springs, either get H&R, or Eibach springs.

hmm i was looking at a bomz racing one and i know they are off brand but this guy has one on his eclipse and it made a big difference and the way i see it...u get a strut bar thats just as thick with the same type of metal and bent the same way...a strut bar is a strut bar ya know?? i just didnt want to spend 200 bucks on a strut bar...but i was looking at some dc ones those look good i'll figure it out...but then again if i can find a nuespeed for a good price i'll just do that :) thanks for the help atleast im know im sitting alright with the suspension i want now about brakes another post....

Look at the Nuespeed one at thornactive.com and they go for 100 shipped (at least 2 months ago)

There are 2 kinds of strut bars, ones that are designed for show (any off brand basicly, including DC) and then there are the ones that truly do stiffen up your chassis (jic, Nuespeed, skunk2, mugen, spoon, ect) The DC sport bars really suck. I have seen pics of them that guys have used them for one day, take them off, and when they show it, it looks so bowed in. They suck. I was at a redline meet on friday, there was a riced out 7th gen Civic with one one it, I leaned over and put very little pressure on it, and the damn thing moved like crazy. On mine, (nuespeed 4 point) I let a football player from my auto class pull as hard as he wanted on the thing (he's about 250) and the thing was solid as hell and did not bend or move.

but still any thing u add to the car is going to help. weather there 100+ name brand bars, or 15 dollar bars ( i get the generic ones at whole sale) its going to help the handling. so the way im thinking a strut bar is a strut bar. and its gonig to handle better than stock.

i think u pay for the name.

yea thats wht i was saying a strut bar is a strut bar but asmallsol does have a point..i can see how they would bow and stuff but 100 bucks is a pretty good price anyway...might as well do one for performance...cool im gonna check out that tower bar...also gotta find some rear ones but hey thanks.....

This is a DC sport bar. This shows its quality.

dcbarlay.jpg

daymn, you bent that fucker.
I bet ya it's a solid bar vs. a boxed design.
and prolly some cheap ass aluminum that hasn't been heat treated

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jul 2 2003, 01:24 PM
daymn, you bent that fucker.
I bet ya it's a solid bar vs. a boxed design.
and prolly some cheap ass aluminum that hasn't been heat treated

no, this was posted on hondatech. It is the crappy DC sport design that has holes in it. DC sport blows.

wow i see..im sticking with the nuespeed up front...tryin to think about the rear ones....im not quite sure....but damn those suspension techniques sway bars are thick as hell!!!..

i dont know if you got your struts and springs yet but i got a sol and put the tokico 5way with h&r springs and love them to death

my front bar is just a cheap one, but i noticed a tramendous difference when i put it on. i have yet to see any kind of bend or flex in it.

my rear one is another story.. its anotehr cheep one, but the day i got it on, i saw that it was bending pretty good. when it cools down <read: below 100 degrees> i will take it off and take a shot of what it looks like.

i m going with neuspeed when i buy my bars!

Back