Suspension setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

What kind of springs and shocks should i get? i'd love a set of teins but $1000 is kinda high for me. i want to drop it about 1.5" and a good ride. Are tokico illumina adjustables very good? what is a good spring?

I paid 488 shipped for my tokico illumians and tokico lowering springs. I will get some pics tomorrow. It lowered the car somewhat but there is still a small fender gap. It is a good height for me becuase my work has some steep entrances. The car handles a lot better than stock, and is much more stable. I have only put 50 miles on them so far so no real good feedback yet.

I'm partial to KYB adjustibles & Ground Control coil-overs. Daily drive isn't horid & they handle great on the auto-X course.

I was asked the same ? today i was thinking of getting some adjustable shocks and like some skunk springs...so i go down to VIP and a buddy that works there is like man you need to get some TEIN SS for your car and come racing with us at some SPOT in the mountians,He says he can hook me up for $850 i have $350 and he said you know what you need to do....im like what.....he says leave those 350 as a deposit for the TIEN then you know you have to pay for them and cant back out.

So MORAL of the story is GO WITH THE TEINS youllz be alot HAPPIER AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY.
THE END

i road race with eibach sportlines and tokico illumina's. the road feel is good and responds well. right now i'm on my second set of tokico's the first set were used for almost 6 years.

I paid about the same price as Jeef for my KYB AGX's and neuspeed sport springs.
and I can't complain one bit.

Originally posted by ahedau@Oct 4 2003, 06:35 PM
I'm partial to KYB adjustibles & Ground Control coil-overs. Daily drive isn't horid & they handle great on the auto-X course.

That is what I was going to say! Ground control and KYB is where it is at!

Back