1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension setup

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by korey, Dec 17, 2003.

1. korey

korey Senior Member

I need some advice on if my "desired" suspension setup is even correct. What I want is Skunk 2 Coilovers with Tokico Illumina struts. Now, I dont know jack about suspension, so what I need to know is if this is good, bad, not needed, basically the highs and the lows. I have a '97 civic and JUST want decsent ride height with good hadling. I need suggestions. Thanx.

2. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

Do you plan to race this car? If so what kind? Or is this going to be a daily driver? If so i would say just get some nice lowering springs with some agx's and you will be fine.

3. enkei rp-f1

enkei rp-f1 Member

just save up a little more and buy some teins bro trust me been their and done that. :D

4. bcman

bcman Senior Member

I'm no expert, but from what i've read, if you're not going to be racing, you don't need coilovers. It'll just be pearls for swine. You can save a lot of money and be no worse off by getting performance springs and shocks.
    Ask yourself if you ever really use the adjustability of coilovers.

5. SubCultureNM

SubCultureNM Junior Member

Adjustability is always nice. I have the Koni yellows that Neuspeed sells (shorter shock) and Neuspeed race springs. I'm glad I have the little bit of adjustability that comes with the Konis since I'll be installing a B16A in the next few weeks. As for the sleeve-type coil-overs, I wouldn't even mess around with them. Even the basic Tein units (non-adjustable damping) are relatively cheap and will make you a lot happier (my shop sells them for $750, as an example.) That's comparable in price to the Tokico/Skunk2 set-up and will perform much better since the coil and shock are matched units.

Brian

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted