Suspension Squeak? :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

I have Ground Control coilovers with Tokico Blue shocks/struts. I also have a rear progress sway bar with new urethane bushings. The drop on my car is set to where each fender is maybe a half-inch below tire-level.

Problem: I have a loud squeak sound coming only from the rear of my car when I hit small bumps/potholes. It also happens when I slowly drive into slanted entrances into driveways, parking garages, etc. I have done some research and everywhere I look says it's the urethane bushings. I did not see anything in the installation manual about greasing them, but I have read this is the problem, lack of grease.

Also, I have a VERY slight rattle coming from my front, left wheel well when I go over a gravel patch or something. I know everything was tightened down good and know it isnt the dust guard.

Did anyone else have the same problem with the rattle or the bushings? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, my ES suspesnsion bushings in back squeek pretty bad. I'm going to have to grease em up better this summer. BTW, use WAY more grease than you think you'll need, I slopped it on there and they still squeek. From what I've heard you need to use ALL the grease that comes w/ the bushings.

What brand bushings wouldn't send you grease? I wouldn't know about lithium grease, but I'm sure someone else does.

if you have the red ES bushes, they are much louder than the black ones. reason being, the black ones contain graphite, which makes them squeak less.

i didnt use any grease when i installed my ES bushes.

Who is Chris? Anyway, the Bushings I have are black and they came with the Progress rear sway bar.

they are poly. So, the best thing to do would be to take it apart, grease them up really good, then put it back on?

basically.

i dont really care about the noise the bushings make.

:werd: sometimes I get annoyed with my car and then I take it AutoXing and remember why I put up with it, performace = less comfort + more fun :)

Back