suspension sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need help pickin the best set up for my civic i wanna give it a lil drop but i want the handeling to be excelent im plannin on keepin the outside stock even the big ass dent i put in with a hammer while changeing a wheel cylinder i just want to do performance mods and stuff like that so when i come up on a wrx or a 350z i smoke them and they will be like wow i just got smoked by a shitty honda civic with a huge dent

what kind of civic is it?

there are alot more things that go into suspension than just springs
and suspension mods aren't going to help you go faster in a straight line, just around the corners

if you are on a tight budget though I'd say look for used stuff, go cruise the classifieds on here and on honda-tech and you should be able to find some good used stuff for your car

how do you want to use the car?

If going fast in a straight line is you're priority, focus on what makes the car go fast--the engine

with $500 you're very limited on an "excellent" suspension. I found a used set of KYB AGX shocks w/ Ground Control coil-overs on e-bay for $114 shipped. I auto-x the car and the package has been great! I still haven't done anything to the front but I intend to complete the KYB AGX's on all four corner's w/ coil overs so I can balance the car.

Since I use the car for auto-x, I'm limited in the engine mods & spent my budget on the suspension. I have killed a WRX & EVO 8 and heavy V8's on an auto-x course with my litttle SOHC Z6 but would get owned (make that EM-BARE-ASSED) by those exact same cars in a 1/8 mile drag (let's not even talk about 1/4 mile :D ).

Back