Suspension Suggestions for Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bovine

So I just got me another Del Sol (93' S) as a second car, and I really am wanting a firmer suspension (my car that sits in the garage is a BMW M roadster, so stock honda feels sloppy) I'm not getting it lowered more than 1.5 inches. The car does have an f23a1 swap (when I meet the mechanic I will ask him why that engine for everyone, but it is quite heavy on torque) and he pulled the ac and steering wheel for weight I believe. The body just hit 100k miles as well if that is pertinent in your discussion. I don't really have a budget, but you can you can makes suggestions from least to most expensive and what the expected benefit will be. And for the heck of it you are welcome to make suggestions on the engine, it has been tuned by hondata, and has basics, headers back (added a resonator and muffler as it had neither and was beyond obnoxiously loud) and intake, So I may look to do something down the road if its cost-benefit worthy. Thanks guys.

KSport Complete Coilover System. $590 shipped at TunerZImage.com just call them and ask for Miles, he's awesome.

I've been running Eibach pro-kits on Tokico Illuminas for the last 4 years and love the setup on my EG sedan. It is about 1.5" lower than stock, I have minor issues with speed bumps and parking ramp expansion joints but it is still a comfortable ride.

The f23 is a good engine because it has a lot of torque, weighs less than a B-series or an H-series and they are cheap, I've seen people give them away

I'm running PIC Apex.. love em.. still have to test them out on the track

I'm running PIC Apex.. love em.. still have to test them out on the track

If you're not running track, you can probably get away with tokico blues and something like Tein S-tech, and pick up a mildly used set for fairly cheap.

John

So thanks for opinions there no, i definately won't be doing anything track, So gotta do both shocks and springs correct? What would either one or the other result in out of curiousity-best/worst case? And can I just piece some stuff together? At the risk of some some retaliation since I know we all have our favorite brands...any thoughts on neuspeed sport springs? Oh and it was mentioned that the f23 is a lighter engine- so with that and no AC/other lightened components, would that alter the effect or expected effect on any of this? Oh and by the way, wanted to know who has done an HID retrofit on the headlights as I need some new ones, and I'd love some help with all of that.

yes, do both.

if you go with a firmer shock, the stock spring will be too light. and if you go with a tighetr spring, the stock shocks won't eb able to absorb it correctly and you'll be a bouncing ricer.

Back