Suspension Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
A couple of winters ago my dad crashed his '89 hatch in the snow ironicly going to get chains. Figures. Before:
DadsfirstCivic-1.jpg

After:
100_1830-1.jpg

Anyhow it brand new stock suspension and all new bushings. We have been scabing parts off it so I'm going to take all the nice new suspennsion. I'm putting it into my '90 Si hatch. I think everything in the front should be the exact same but I have '90 Integra disc brakes in the back and it has the rear anti-roll bar. Are the tralling arm bushings pressed in?(The big ones in the middle) And will I be able to swap them out for the new ones? And I think I can't use the lca bushings because of the anti-roll bar. Thanks

Bump. What I really want to know is if thoes big bushings in the middle of the tralling arm are pressed in and how I can swap them out for the good ones. This bushing:
tarmdiagram-1.jpg

To remove mine, I cut them out with a fishing knife as best I could, then used a wire drum on a drill to remove all traces of old rubber, and made the surface shiny clean. Then applied a generous amount of marine lube.

To install the new ones (I used Energy Suspension poly), I drilled a hole through 2 metal plates and then used a threaded rod between the 2 plates with bolts on the outer ends of the rod to tighten down and sandwich the new bushing into the hole. If you need me to explain more, ask.

Of course you'll need an alignment after this is done. And you may want to use the Password:JDM spherical trailing arm bushings instead of the Energy ones. They came out just after I did mine with poly. It would require the same removal, but the installation is much more easy.

Did that help?

edit: Oh I have a few bad pics of doing mine on my site http://yblegal.net/projects/yblegal/2000 Honda Civic EJ8/5th/

Last edited:
If your using the integra trailing arm then I would guess yes. I've never worked on an ED civic tho. And I scrapped my 90 teg trailing arm to use my existing 00 arms. Wish I could help ya more. Figure out the sway bar or lca's yet?

Hey no prob. I looked at my lca bushings and they're not cracked or anything so I'll just keem them. I also think I will get some Tokico Blues instead of the factory shocks/springs.

Back