Suspension techniques

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Ok im considering the suspension techniques sway and tie bard combo after reading all the trheads about frame tear outs. What do you guys think? pros and cons? I looked at the comptech kit but i like the design of the suspension techniques set up. The ST setup is cheaper too.

heres the ST setup
Look

And heres the CT set up
Look

I just bought the ST sway bar set up, it should be here any day now, but I got a lot of possitive feedback about them from some local auto-xers. I will post how I like them when I get them on.

Jeff - I have the Suspension Techniques sway bar kit with the polyuerethane bushings all around and it makes a huge difference a lot less body sway after I put them on my car felt real stiff around corners. I would rock the ST. Sorry bro I keep forgetting to call you after I get off work for sure tonight.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Sep 29 2004, 12:58 PM
Jeff - I have the Suspension Techniques sway bar kit with the polyuerethane bushings all around and it makes a huge difference a lot less body sway after I put them on my car felt real stiff around corners.  I would rock the ST.  Sorry bro I keep forgetting to call you after I get off work for sure tonight.
[post=396232]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL its all good, that night i fell asleep early, like 7pm. I woke up for like 2 seconds around 8:00pm and looked at the clock, remembering you said you were gonna call at 9pm i shut off the phone so you couldint bug me when i was sleeping. :bo: :fosho3:

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Sep 29 2004, 01:31 PM
I just bought the ST sway bar set up, it should be here any day now, but I got a lot of possitive feedback about them from some local auto-xers. I will post how I like them when I get them on.
[post=396220]Quoted post[/post]​

is that for the civic or the miata? i thought they didnt make the swat tie combo for the EF's

I got them through my roommates shop, so I have not paid for them, yet. I will when they come in, I imagine something like 300 or so. No it is for the civic. They do make them for the EF, you just need ITR or 88si LCAs. Sorry it is just the sways, not the tie, There are a few tie options I have, but honestly on an EF I do not think they will be necessary.

your reply is a little confusing. are you saying they make the sway tie combo for the EF's? and with this you need the ITR LCA's? or do you need the ITR LCA's with just the sway bar? i know ST makes sways for the crx so i dont know why you would need ITR LCA's for just the sway bar.

Is the ST setup adjustable? I don't think that it is, especially from the pictures you posted. I'll be getting the Comptech for my Civic.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 29 2004, 04:37 PM
Is the ST setup adjustable? I don't think that it is, especially from the pictures you posted. I'll be getting the Comptech for my Civic.
[post=396390]Quoted post[/post]​

No they are NOT adjustable.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 29 2004, 07:02 PM
Ok, then for me- Comptech > Suspension Techniques
[post=396412]Quoted post[/post]​

adjustable where?

Let me get this right too, either set up comes with a sway bar and lower tie bar right? i mean that is the idea of this kit right? or woud i still need to get a sway bar? like are these kits just the lower tie bar with reinforced brakets for a sway i buy seprate? A far as i under stand it this is a lower tie and sway bar combo correct? See the thing is im selling a buddie my lower tie bar and uper rear towr bar so i can afford this. i dont wanna really sell them if this is only gonna be the tie with reinforced bracketry leavving me to still want a stiffer sway bar, being that this is what the reinforcement is for<--(sp)

How can sway bars be adjustable? Sorry if it a stupid question.

Heres a quote about the ST setup

Suspension Techniques offers one of the best anti-sway bar and lower tie brace combination kit on the market. With an adjustable lower tie brace to tighten and strengthen the rear lower sub-frame, to the rear anti-sway bar with adjustable end links, these kits are guaranteed to improved handling. Each kit is designed for both street and/or race applications.

Urethane Bushings

Anodized Brackets

Adjustable Endlinks

Improved Handling

Strengthen Sub-Frame

And heres a quote abot the CT setup

22mm - 3 Position Adjustable Sway Bar

On the ST setup your tie bar is adjustable
, on the CT setup the sway bar is 3 point adjustable. Whats the benefit of having the adjustable sway bar? And same gos for the tie , what make it being adjustable a benefit?

I'm not sure about the adjustable end links on the ST bar- it just doesn't look like the same thing as having different mounting positions on the end of the sway bar.

An adjustable sway bar basically gives you different mounting points at the end of the bar- where the links coming from the lower control arms connect to the sway bar itself. The Comptech bar gives you 3 different points to connect to on the bar- here's a crude drawing of half the bar if you imagine it to be shaped like a "U":

+---------------------------center-----------------

Depending on where you mount the links, you can vary the stiffness of the sway bar and tune your handling however you like. Unless ST's end links allow you to mount at different points on the bar and change the lever arm length, it can't offer the same kind of adjustability. If ST's end links are just adjustable in terms of link length, then you can change the preloaing up the sway bar and correct any left/right turn tendencies that your car may have to give it a more uniform feel between left/right turns.

Your tie bar shouldn't be adjustable. You want it to be as stiff as possible. If you can adjust it for fit that's ok, but you want to make sure your brace is as stiff and strong as possible.

Ok, here let me clarify, the ST set up for the EF is an Adjustable sway bar set up. It does not have a tie bar on the EF version. However there are other companies that make a tie bar set up, but honestly I think it is going to be over kill on an EF. I was told that I would need the ITR LCAs to make the ST sway bar to just bolt in, otherwise I would have to buy a mounting kit for like 60 bucks or something along with the sway bar. However to make my JDM Tein HAs fit, I had to either put in 88si LCAs or ITR LCAs, but the dude who sold me my Teins, just threw in the LCAs, so I now use the ITR LCAs.

I sell the ST kit all the time. It is an adjustable tie brace and supposedly had adjustable end links on the swaybar. Jon, this is NOT what you have. As for how it's adjustable, when it slows down I'll go open a box and check it out.

UDT if you want a good price, let me know..... :)

Oh yeah Shadney works at a shop now and can get good deals, hook him up there
Shad-dog.

Back