Suspension Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SIRH22

I currently have Eibach Sportlines and KYBs, and i was thinking about upgrading to a coilover suspension. The Sportlines are ok but the rear springs make to much dam noise. I have already researched the problem and it is in fact a problem with the springs. Should i go with a true coilover suspension? And if i do decide to, will i encounter the same problem? I was consider Tanabe Sustec SS-II.

it probablhy sounded like a ratlle...

my stock suspension did that. I just finished up installing the rear coilovers, and strut bar for the rear, on my prelude toady. They make so much differendce, and no noise.

Ground control is what i have. I would recommend them.

I was thinking about Ground Control, not to sure about the single perch idea ? It has an allen screw to tighten the perch right? I have heard problems about that little screw. I would really like a set of true coilovers but their so dam expensive.

Oh the noise is like a clunking sound. To be more precise it is also known as coil clash and spring clatter. I have allready spoke to the guys at Eibach and they have confessed to the problem with the springs. They told me their R and D department was working on a solution, but i think its bullshit. 50 years plus in the business of suspension convinced me i would have no problem with Eibach springs. I guess i was wrong. I should have tried the Tanabe springs. After all their japanese engineered and not german egineered.

Does any body here have a quiet lowered suspension? On an Accord preferably.5th gen.

it's not on an accord but mines quite.

neuspeed sport springs/ kyb agx's adjustable shocks on a 91 crx

I used H&R Sport Springs with Tokico Blue shocks on my old 95 Accord. Wonderful ride. Cornered hard, excellent for daily driving. NEVER hit bump stops.

Never. I had problems with the bushing themselves making noise since they were old and cracked, but never the springs.

I have Sprint Springs, and they are doing pretty well, they really aren't making much noise, mabye I just can't hear, because of the stereo. I still would rather spend the money on coilovers, simply for the fact that you change the ride height, which can keep your car from scraping all over the damn place.

Unless you have access to corner scales, if you install coilovers, you run the risk of doing more harm to your handling than good.

I think you'll find that the H&R's will give you a pretty decent ride height if used with a decent set of aftermarket shocks.

Also....rudelude mentioned "Tokico Illumina Blue" shocks. As far as I know, the Illumina's are white and are adjustable, while the blue's are just called "Tokico Blues" and are not adjustable.

Yup, the Illuminas are white and the HPs are blue. Good point on the corner scales. Maybe i should stick to the springs. After all its a daily driver.

Originally posted by SIRH22@Sep 11 2003, 10:23 PM
Oh the noise is like a clunking sound. To be more precise it is also known as coil clash and spring clatter. I have allready spoke to the guys at Eibach and they have confessed to the problem with the springs. They told me their R and D department was working on a solution, but i think its bullshit. 50 years plus in the business of suspension convinced me i would have no problem with Eibach springs. I guess i was wrong. I should have tried the Tanabe springs. After all their japanese engineered and not german egineered.

on a similar note... Ford has been making cars for the masses for longer than anyone and yet when they released the Focus a few years ago there were about 10 different recalls.... shit happens and no one is perfect, not even NASA.... check your units boys

I would really like a set of true coilovers but their so dam expensive

ummm... your car came stock with "true coilovers"... the COIL goes OVER the shock, Groundcontrols etc. are Adjustable coilovers

have you looked at Tein SS's ? I don't know much about them but tein has a pretty good rep

Maybe i should have said Threaded Suspension instead of true coilovers.

eh, it doesn't really matter
just one of those little things that bothers some people

it's pretty much an industry wide term to just call them all coil overs
I do it too just cause more poeple understand it

anyway, I've never been in a car with the Eibach sportlines but I have been in plenty of cars with Pro-kits and they have never given anyone I know problems
could be some other problem with your suspension or could just be a bad spring

Back