Suspension uprades?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EyelessCRX

The only suspension upgrades that I have done is switch my shocks to Tokico Illuminas. I am running the springs that came with the Tokico kit. What do you guys recomend as the next step?

Mainly street but I want my car to get a little bit of time on the track. I also live in the butt crack of MD so we have lots of fun curvy back roads. I need something that handle responsivley and well.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jun 30 2004, 03:57 PM
Sway Bars and polyeurethane bushings.

Any particular brands or types that worked for you. I want some neuspeed stut bars and sway bars. :huh:

I have Suspension Techniques it all came in a kit with the sways and the bushings.
That is the only brand I have had but it handles great. I heard Skunk2 sways are pretty good but they do not have a poly eurethane bushing kit. You can find the Suspension Techniques kit for $200 for front & rear sways and bushing kit.

neuspeed is good stuff.

I am sure the Eibachs are all good, I have their springs but I have not heard about their sway bars. Like I said the Suspension Techniques kit is only $200.

The OEM front swaybar is fine. I'd go with a JDM ITR or even a USDM ITR rear sway (23 or 22 mm, respectively). You can get a brand new USDM ITR bar for ~$75, plus $15 for a BSQ subframe reinforce kit and another few bucks for misc shit to install it. This is the single best bang for the buck upgrade you could do IMO. Another thing is to get some stiffer springs, like custom rate GCs. Even with all that the car will still be prone to understeer at the limit, just keep your foot off the brakes mid-corner and don't lift or you'll be going backwards fast.

off topic...but do you still have the stock engine in that thing??!?! :blink:

a suspension is only as good as the tires that are holding them.

that would be the next thing i woudl upgrade

Originally posted by integraslut78+Jun 30 2004, 07:50 PM-->
I heard Skunk2 sways are pretty good but they do not have a poly eurethane bushing kit
[post=357210]Quoted post[/post]​
skunk2's bar is horrible. It is designed to be a little further away from the subframe then the Progress, ITR, or alot of other sway bars. This causes the bar to put more stress on the subframe. When that happens, this happens....
ouch5.jpg

ouch2.jpg

Sub frame tear out. Have fun replacing that. (yes that is a ITR rear swaybar with a beaks kit) Another major way to prevent subframe tear out is stiffer spring rates. Even with a beaks kit, with stock spring rates, your asking for trouble.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2004, 05:51 PM
a suspension is only as good as the tires that are holding them.

that would be the next thing i woudl upgrade
[post=359552]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

QuicSilver
@Jul 26 2004, 10:42 AM
Neuspeed Upper strut bar @ nopionline.com $95. The only one peice upper bar I've seen.
[post=368144]Quoted post[/post]​

Strut bar isn't a sway bar. Although that is a very good tower bar.

The OEM front swaybar is fine. I'd go with a JDM ITR or even a USDM ITR rear sway (23 or 22 mm, respectively).

He has a CRX, aka EF. I am pretty sure that the EF won't except a 3rd gen teg swaybar. I belive that the endlinks are further out.

Look at progressive. They make a very nice swaybar. Up to some better tires, like Azenies or Kumho MX,

Back