Suspension ? With My Swap...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Sup everyone. I'm going to do my swap really soon and was wondering what suspension setup should I use. I pretty much already have my mind made up on tokico hp (blues) shocks and skunk2 coil-overs. BTW im goin to being swapping a f22b1 (accord ex) into my eg civic hatch. Thats gonna be basically the same as a h22 but, well you know the differences. I was really wondering if I should get a higher spring rate on the coilovers like maybe in the front to help support the extra weight, or just get the regular coilovers for the eg civic. I e-mailed skunk2 and asked them their opinion and someone said to use 500lb spring rate. I talked to a guy at a local performance place and he said to just go with the ones for the civic. If anyone has a similiar swap like h22 into their eg civic or knows anyone plz gimme the heads up on their setups. Im looking to get the suspension first and very soon. Thx

I actually called skunk2 and one of the guys suggested using integra coilovers. He said its the same exact thing, just a higher spring rate for the springs. Moooo goes the cow!

exaclty.
i have teg suspension on my del sol.... and i still wish i got higher spring rates. 8kg/6kg aren't cutting it for me

you have teg suspension on your sol? Is that stock teg suspension with stock sol engine? Do you have a swap...more details plz. Also, is all civic/integra coilovers the same just different spring rates? Meaning I can buy some other coilover for integra and put it on my civic?

no, they are Tein HA's. they are made for an integra type R with 8kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear spring rates.
i have a stock d16z6 in it.

94+ teg and 92-95 civics can interchange suspensions (some require LCA swaps). tegs just generally have a higher spring rate.
i wish i got 10/8, and im porbably going to a 12/10 on my next set after im swapped. But thats me, and back pain means nothing :lol:

Are maxspeeds coilovers the same pieces of crap as dropzone, or are they a little better? I was in a eg civic hb W/ LS swap and he had maxspeed coilovers and tokico hp's and it rode niiiice. I was thinking about getting the teg maxspeed coils off of ebay because its only $99. I just need to get my suspension in so i can do my fricken swap and i dont have that much money (in debt :( ) Think it'll be ok for now with the maxspeed coils and tokico hp's? Or are they just pieces of crap and not even worth buying?

I also have the same set up as pissedoffsol and i like it alot. However, dont do that swap. The work that you are doing to get that engine in there is a total waste of time and money IMO. For an EG, pick either the H22, b16aSirII, b18b, b18c(1 or 5) or if your really strap on cash, d16z6. Any other engine is a total waste of time.

Why do you say that?
I think its orignal and its gonna be the same as putting in an h22 as far as labor.
I got the engine/tranny/ecu/shiftlinkage/shiftercables for $400. I think it will have nutz espcially with bolt ons.

My boys 95 accord ex with catback/aem cai/adjustable cam gear (no accessory belts, just altenator to crank) pulls hella hard and he has the fricken loudest vtec i have yet to hear yet

(not that it matters it just sounds SUPER SEXY :wub: )

So, take his engine and put it in my civic HB. I think it will be goooooooood. Sorry i just dont have the money right now for a b18 or h22, but i got the need for speed and this should be fine. :imgone:

Agree?

Back