???suspention???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

hey, i've been looking around for lowering springs for a 92-95 hatch that i have, i have seen tien, skunk, dropzone, and all the ones you can think of, my question is where can i find lowering springs that can lower my car two inches with cambers, and still maintain somewhat a stock ride? this is because when i put my anti-swaybars and strut bars F&R upper and lower, its going to stiffin up anyways, so i don't want to ride on a rock hard suspention, so i would like ideas on a good setup, please nothing outragous in price, and all info and ideas will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

hey dude,

So you want a 2" drop......you're planning on using camber correction...thats good so far.

1) Dont drop your car that much on stock shocks.....they will wear out in a matter of months.
2) This ultimately means you need new shocks.
3) A good shock for the money is the Tokico Illumina; they are adjustable in stiffness and are not as expensive as Koni Yellows. This also means they are not close to as good. The illuminas are great street shocks. Google it up.
4) now that you have good shocks, time for springs. A good spring to go with for your desired drop would be the Eibach Sportlines. They'll give you about a 1.9" drop and maintain a very stock ride. Turn up the stiffness on your Illuminas and the springs will act accordingly.
5) If you want to go further, go with Ground Control coilovers. This way you will have ride height adjustment as well as stiffness. Throw on your strut bars and such and you'll have a pretty sick budget setup.
6) Keep in mind that if you go for the Ground Controls, please use them properly. The whole point of coilovers is not so you can raise and drop your car whenever you please.....They are ride height adjustable so you can dial in the proper spring rate for your application. The best thing you could do would be to have your car corner-balanced and weighed. It might cost a bit more, but in the long run, you'll be totally happy.
7) Dont EVER buy Drop Zone anything....biggest POS stuff out there. If your going the spring route, stick with Eibach, H&R, Neuspeed ect...

Hope this helps some.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Dec 17 2004, 03:01 PM
Eibach Sporlines.
[post=433781]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:
beat me to it!

Great minds think alike......

due to the way honda's suspension is designed, it is impossibly to build a camber adjuster plate into the top hat.

and please, there is no T in suspension.

but anyway, to re-enforce, the sportlines with kyb agx's would make a good daily driver combo.

hey Bro,

thanks for the ideas, and to all sorry for the t in suspension, i was typing fast and when i do spelling doesnt matter to me, but the sportlines is what i originally wanted to do, but was unsure, i will check it out, and i'm definly going to check out difference shocks too. and hopefully maybe in the next month or so i will have it droped and i'll email some pics. right now you can check it out on http://www.civichatch.com/registry/92dxhatch/ so yeah it really needs to be droped. thanks

Originally posted by adnoh@Dec 17 2004, 12:14 PM
hey dude,

So you want a 2" drop......you're planning on using camber correction...thats good so far.

1) Dont drop your car that much on stock shocks.....they will wear out in a matter of months.
2) This ultimately means you need new shocks.
3) A good shock for the money is the Tokico Illumina; they are adjustable in stiffness and are not as expensive as Koni Yellows. This also means they are not close to as good. The illuminas are great street shocks. Google it up.
4) now that you have good shocks, time for springs. A good spring to go with for your desired drop would be the Eibach Sportlines. They'll give you about a 1.9" drop and maintain a very stock ride. Turn up the stiffness on your Illuminas and the springs will act accordingly.
5) If you want to go further, go with Ground Control coilovers. This way you will have ride height adjustment as well as stiffness. Throw on your strut bars and such and you'll have a pretty sick budget setup.
6) Keep in mind that if you go for the Ground Controls, please use them properly. The whole point of coilovers is not so you can raise and drop your car whenever you please.....They are ride height adjustable so you can dial in the proper spring rate for your application. The best thing you could do would be to have your car corner-balanced and weighed. It might cost a bit more, but in the long run, you'll be totally happy.
7) Dont EVER buy Drop Zone anything....biggest POS stuff out there. If your going the spring route, stick with Eibach, H&R, Neuspeed ect...

Hope this helps some.
[post=433792]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 17 2004, 06:09 PM
due to the way honda's suspension is designed, it is impossibly to build a camber adjuster plate into the top hat.

and please, there is no T in suspension.

[post=433881]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes sir.

:lol:

jokes...

For what you want to do, Sportlines are perfect. KYB AGX shocks are great too. They're a bit cheaper than Illuminas, are still great quality, and they have more than enough adjustability to keep everything smooth and still be able to crank it up when you want to play in the twisties.

B, he could use camber plates on an 01+ Civic... but he doesn't have one. :)

Back