Sutpid question but dont be hatin!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niskyspy

OK here's something that people are prolly gonna yell at me about but I am just gonna blur it out.
I am short on money but want an engine swap, cant afford B18C, dont want a turbo. Looking for a good reliable DD swap and started thinking about B16 OBDI cuz their so cheap and all. Now here's a question for you, will it be slower than the stock LS?
Thank you.

Quoted post[/post]]
I wouldn't swap if I were you. Just get a B16 head and tranny, and do LS/VTEC. It won't cost much more (actually, it would probably be about the same) and it would DEFINITELY be faster. Info for LS/VTEC's can be found here: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11
I like the Idea of LsVtec, I did a lot of reserch on it but its not that reliable as I heard. Thanks for the link though :)

yes it will be slower
you are taking a significant torque loss

take the money you would spend on the B16 and build up the LS
get some rods and JDM B16 pistons... that will put you to 11:1 CR
get some crower 403 or 404 cams and valvetrain
maybe get a PnP
get an ECU chipped to run the RPMs and proper fuel for that head setup
maybe try to find a GSR tranny

after that replace the intake manifold, the header, the exhaust, etc
that engne will run right along with an ITR all fucking day... and will cost less than a B16

fuck VTEC

Quoted post[/post]]
yes it will be slower

maybe get a PnP

that engne will run right along with an ITR all fucking day... and will cost less than a B16

fuck VTEC

Woah...for a second there, I thought Bill was back...

:confused:

But yeah, an alternative to an LS/VTEC would be to do what E said...

As far as LS/VTEC's being unreliable, they're only as unreliable as you build and tune them.

:)
its a solid build

if i was to build up another honda thats the route i would go
everything is cheaper
and people dont know what the hell to think when they see a fast NA nonVTEC honda
it makes for a very solid "low profile" stup

Quoted post[/post]]
yes it will be slower

maybe get a PnP

fuck VTEC
How much will all that cost me without the "after that replace the intake manifold, the header, the exhaust, etc" and without the GSR tranny?

Honestly, if you're gonna keep your LS tranny, you might as well just do intake/header/exhaust...the LS tranny is the main thing kicking your ass right now. If you JUST put a B16 or GSR tranny and leave everything else stock, it'll be a shitload quicker than it is now.

Quoted post[/post]]
Honestly, if you're gonna keep your LS tranny, you might as well just do intake/header/exhaust...the LS tranny is the main thing kicking your ass right now. If you JUST put a B16 or GSR tranny and leave everything else stock, it'll be a shitload quicker than it is now.
yea, well I'll just keep thinking on what I should do.

JR Supercharger

This too would be cheaper then a B16, and its alot easier to perform the install then an ls/vtec or what E said. But either way, you HAVE to get rid of the LS tranny, the are not designed for any kind of performance.

Personally, I think the B16As tranny is better than the LS to the point that if you did swap one in the torque lose would be minimal, it's isn't like we're talking 50 lbs-ft, seriously, it's 11 (provided you are talking a JDM B16A).

IMO, the SC sounds like a great idea. And what do you have against going turbo anyway?

Quoted post[/post]]

IMO, the SC sounds like a great idea. And what do you have against going turbo anyway?

yeah skrew the s/c on an FWD car . . . turbo FTW!

On an Fwd car, turbo lag is ur friend - better launches, better top end, etc.

Back