**SUV / Offroad Vehicle advice needed**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
All,

My dad wants to get a new SUV / Daily driver that can be used to go off road. He does a lot of hunting/fishing/skiing.

He want to get an H3. I dont know much about vehicles with offroad abilities, but I suggested he look into the Jeep Rubicon as it would also suit his purpose.

What do you all think about this? Any recomendations??

Thanks,

Cash

h3 = tahoe with a body kit. its meant for soccer practice, not the woods. plus, 8 mpg sucks.

rubicons are nice. lot of money though... not a big jeep fan i guess.

h2 and 3's are dick offroad. If he wants something he can take offroad as well as on road, LR3 is thee suv.

what price level we lookin at, and does mpg matter?

why not something like a Ford Explorer Sport Trac? the room of an SUV and the bed of a truck. that way he can haul his deer in the back with no worries of getting blood in the interior. just a thought...

well if money is no object a say get a g class mercedes or a lamborghini suv

Last edited:
h2 and 3's are dick offroad. If he wants something he can take offroad as well as on road, LR3 is thee suv.

what price level we lookin at, and does mpg matter?

What is an LR3?? Land Rover? How much does it cost in relation to the H3?

why not something like a Ford Explorer Sport Trac? the room of an SUV and the bed of a truck. that way he can haul his deer in the back with no worries of getting blood in the interior. just a thought...

eeehhhh . . . we have had one Exploder already . . . my dad will never get another one.

wait wait wait.... im forgetting something...

Ridgeline.

Ridgeline > Ford anything.

Ridgeline . . you sure??

that was more in response to the ford sport truck dinky bed thing.

yeah, lr3 is land rover, sayyyy 60k? somewhere in that range. My friends dad has one, its pimp and does remarkably well offroad.

Well read some reviews of the ridgeline, its not as shitty as a truck to drive on the road.

A 4runner, Tacoma, or a jeep of some sort will be overall better than anything else for a DD/occasional offroader. I have an '01 Cherokee and have taken it a lot of places, and i have personally seen 4 runners and tacomas go everywhere too.

the new toyota fj crusier is kinda neat. i looked at one the other day they are about 30k. if your looking for something bigger i would say a powerstroke excusion, yeah thats right a ford.

excursion, h3, ext are no good offroad they are just to big to go anywhere, the new fj is a good damn amazing offroad machine, the land rovers are also excellent

maybe the lr2 that should be out in Nov, in the CRV class but with MUCH better offraoding ability as well as on road manners. Land Rovers Terrain Response is a wonderful invention, check it out. Should be around 30-35k

(8 inches of ground clearance and can ford 19 inches of water. As well as the best approach and departure angles in its class, oh and awd ofcourse)

+1 for a 4runner or a jeep cherokee. Anyone who takes a $60K vehicle offroad or hunting is a yuppie douchebag. You guys gotta be kidding me.

Hell anyone who takes ANY new vehicle offroad hunting has more money than brains.
Jeeps are very well rounded as far as wheelbase, weight, power and price.
Toyotas are also very reliable and capable offroad but tend to cost more than Jeeps.
Don't buy a Ford. Just don't.
If you're gonna take something offroad and beat on it, you want parts to be cheap cuz something WILL break eventually. Jeeps and Toyotas are made like Hondas (simplicity is foremost in their design, the cherokee is one of the last production midsize SUV 's to use a solid front axle.) Hence they are easier to work on, and both are known for lasting well into 200K mileage. If they can stand up to Alaska driving, they should suit your needs just fine.

Back