Sux for DVD XCOPY

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SasSi

Dear 321 Studios Customers & Friends,

As many of you may have already heard, Judge Illston of the Northern District of California Court ruled against us last Friday and in favor of the movie studios. This is the first major decision in the six lawsuits in which we are now involved.

Her ruling included an injunction preventing us from continuing to sell the current version of our popular DVDXCOPY software if it included a ripper. This injunction takes effect 7 days from her order. While we do not agree with the rationale behind the decision, we intend to fully comply with the order and, at the same time, file an appeal and ask her to stay the injunction pending the appeal.

This decision is unfortunate news for us. However, we expected the fight for fair use rights to be a long one when we initiated it almost two years ago. We also expected to face great opposition and to take some hits along the way. Well, we are still here and are not going out of business. Starting next week, we'll sell ripper-free versions of DVDXCOPY as well as all our other popular titles including DVDXSHOW, DVDXMAKER and DVDXPOINT.

If you'd like to read Judge Illston's decision or articles written about us, please go to our web site at http://www.321studios.com. If you'd like to offer your support, please visit http://www.protectfairuse.org. Meanwhile, we are making every effort to continue to support you and your 321 products.

Please share this news with your friends and family. We can use all the support we can get to continue fighting for everyone's fair use rights in today's digital world.

Thank you for your ongoing support,

Sincerely,

The 321 Studios Team.

Good thing I already got my software! :D

it allows you to copy your dvd's. dvd's are encrypted, and this comes with the software to "rip" the dvd, decrypt it so you can copy it.

glad I've got mt copy already.
but there are a boat load of other programs out there
like the original decss etc..

Didn't the MPAA just drop the DECSS case? I wonder why they're basically picking it right back up again.

Originally posted by B16@Feb 24 2004, 02:06 PM
it allows you to copy your dvd's. dvd's are encrypted, and this comes with the software to "rip" the dvd, decrypt it so you can copy it.

/obvious guy....

there is absolutley NO way to copy a dvd, UNLESS you own a dvd burner correct?

how much does a el cheapo run for?

You can get them for about $100 if you look arround (for a 4x4x32) and like $120-150 for a n 8x8x32

(WxRWxR)

I just bought my TDK DVD 4x burner for $100.

Checkout newegg.com for a burner. They are around $91 + Free Shipping.

You can download dvdxcopy still but you can you all kinds of other programs. Goto afterdawn.com and read up, there is alot of info and you will find all your ripping software dreams. There is even a program called dvdxcopygone to get rid of the splash screen that dvdxcopy puts on your burned movies.

Its great having a dvd burner. I haven't bought a movie for so long. I just rent them for $3.50 and then burn them. Then I goto cdcovers.cc and make a sticker label for the disc and it looks exactly like the original dvd !!!

Originally posted by randerson165@Feb 25 2004, 01:21 AM
Its great having a dvd burner. I haven't bought a movie for so long. I just rent them for $3.50 and then burn them. Then I goto cdcovers.cc and make a sticker label for the disc and it looks exactly like the original dvd !!!

Ditto! Except I use a scanner, software, & labels here to make it look like the original.

Back