swap 99' USDM ITR motor to 00' USDM Non-vtec teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DC4ITR

anything i should know before i do the swap?
do i have to take out the dash to remove the engine harness?
is there any different between engine harness and cabin harness?
how hard is it to remove it??

thanks

No you don't have to remove the dash.

Just pull out the B18B and install the ITR, use the ITRs harness if it's USDM, if it's JDM than swap the LS harness onto it, and run the wires for vtec and knock.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 26 2004, 01:30 AM
No you don't have to remove the dash.

Just pull out the B18B and install the ITR, use the ITRs harness if it's USDM, if it's JDM than swap the LS harness onto it, and run the wires for vtec and knock.
[post=394781]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for replying
don't quite understand here.. here are the items i have that comes with the motor.
complete 99' OBD2V1 ITR motor, 99 OBD2V1 ECU and ECU harness that still attach to the block.
so basically are you saying that i juse swap out my OBD2V2 Automatic harness (which has 4 plugs A,B,C,D) and put the harness that came with the motor, right?

by the way, what exactly is cabin harness and engine harness? are they the same?
and how do i run the kock and vtec wires?

i have immobilizer function in my 00' car but since i am going to swap out the harness and use the 99's OBD2V1 ECU i will no longer have that function right?

So what your saying is that you have an automatic 2000 integra ls. And you want to swap in a 5 spd 99 itr b18c5? Please explain? If that is what you mean you have alot of work ahead of you.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Sep 26 2004, 10:55 AM
So what your saying is that you have an automatic 2000 integra ls. And you want to swap in a 5 spd 99 itr b18c5? Please explain? If that is what you mean you have alot of work ahead of you.
[post=394850]Quoted post[/post]​

ok.. to make it short
i have a 00' Automatic teg LS already converted to Standard with GSR tran 3 years ago and now i just purchased a 99' ITR motor and soon to put in.
my questions are regarding to the engine harness or cabin harness which ever that thing is called... i have alarm system that is already installed and my mechanic said it's going to be pain in the ass to do the swap since i have that in it and he has to change my cabin and engine harnesses from OBD2V2 to OBD2V1 stuff like that.. so i am just trying to figure out to see if there is a easier way to do the swap. what opintions do i have?

thanks

Back