swap a 95 ex motor in a crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pimpkid

guys i need help im swappin a 95 civic ex vtec motor into my car n some plugs dont fit like the injectors and distributor. i wired it , and it just turns over and starts but shuts rite off. i have the map sensor but dont no where to connect at.:(

You originally posted this in the members lounge, but I moved it to the proper forum for you. A heads up no tech posts in the members lounge.
What exactly did you do? What ecu are you using? What distributor? Did you change the wiring? The swap is kind of bolt in but you do need to make changes. Let us know exactly what you have done and we can help you from there. I did this same exact swap twice but it was 5 and 7 years ago so I forgot some of the stuff.

i spliced the distributor and injectors. im using the si ecu, i heard p28 i should use. i have the map sensor but dont know where to wire it to. car starts and shuts rite off.

first off you have an Si so you already have MPFI. you could use a stock si ecu but it would be better to use a p28. i think it would be better to undo whatever dizzy wiring you attempted, and return it to stock. you need an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness with subharness, and i would pick up one from rywire. since your using obd1 injectors with the obd1 engine i'm assuming, you need to remove the resistor box from the driver side shock tower area. its a grey box with a green plug. 4 red wires and 1 yellow wire i believe. all you need to do is take out the box and solder all 5 wires together. The map sensor on the new engine is located on the throttle body. on your crx its on the firewall. unplug the connector from the firewall and connect it to the map on the tb.

Back