swap almost done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok did the swaq prelude h23 - h22. engines in and running, although not very well. besides wiring up the v tec my only problem so far is hooking up the damn exhaust. sounds easy right ??? well supposedly noone can just weld it up there. There isnt a flange you can buy. and the only thing i can buy is a whole new exhaust for at least 350bucks. is my only tangible solution to go to a junk yard and cut one off another h22 prelude?? this would be extremely difficult to find.

any one in here got an old exhaust they want to give me??????

Im almost done i can practicly smell the burnt rubber what the heck am i supposed to do?? :bash:

Originally posted by white lude@Oct 26 2004, 01:15 PM
Ok did the swaq prelude h23 - h22. engines in and running, although not very well. besides wiring up the v tec my only problem so far is hooking up the damn exhaust. sounds easy right ??? well supposedly noone can just weld it up there. There isnt a flange you can buy. and the only thing i can buy is a whole new exhaust for at least 350bucks. is my only tangible solution to go to a junk yard and cut one off another h22 prelude?? this would be extremely difficult to find.

any one in here got an old exhaust they want to give me??????

Im almost done i can practicly smell the burnt rubber what the heck am i supposed to do?? :bash:
[post=407636]Quoted post[/post]​

Um, did you search EBAY?

An aftermarket header will bolt right up to your catalytic converter. Then comes the Catback. You can buy that off of Ebay, or just leave it alone until you can afford it. An exhaust shop CANNOT remove your cat. They can modify everything behind it.

My whole exhaust system is stainless, and cost less than $400 on Ebay. Shop around.

get a dc sports header or something and it will bolt right up to your stock cat. (As tab mentioned).

The JDM header does have a larger flange. So either you can take the flange from your previous engine's downpipe and weld that on to the jdm's collector or just get an aftermarket header and unless you're willing to put out 600+ for a good header the key word here should be CHEAP. All of the headers out there (below several hundred dollars) have little to no gain over the jdm header...

you can check up on this over at the honda-dickhead-tech page.

Back