Swap and Auto-Manual Complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

There are a few problems...

1. Theres an exhuast leak - where the downpipe connects to the cat/b pipe... no big deal...

2. It over heats - I think the thermostat is sticking and hte heater core hoses are leaking... again no big deal...

3. Runs rather rough - Surges I'll but I can check some shit...

4. Code 17, Vehicle Speed Sensor... I didnt hook it up

5. It wont go into Gear. With the clutch pedal all the way to the floor the gear selector will not allow the selection of 1st-5th nor Reverse. Reverse just grinds. I shimmed the mount as instructed. Im using an Exedy Clutch and Kaiten Flywheel... Would there be any problems with this setup. Should I swap back to the stock flywheel?

Please help.

What did you swap into what? The tranny I put in grinds alot going into reverse but other than that works ok, then again the tranny does have 180,000miles on it. Good luck man!

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jul 17 2004, 11:05 AM

5. It wont go into Gear. With the clutch pedal all the way to the floor the gear selector will not allow the selection of 1st-5th nor Reverse. Reverse just grinds. I shimmed the mount as instructed. Im using an Exedy Clutch and Kaiten Flywheel... Would there be any problems with this setup. Should I swap back to the stock flywheel?

Clutch cable not properly adjusted?

Back