swap b16a in 93civic, but dont want power stearing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

i am doing a sirII swap into my 93 civic ex and i am removing to a/c .and power stearing. i was wondering if i need to replace the strearing rack since i wont be using the pump anymore? i was thinking it would be hard on the rack if i dont use the pump, just muscle power. any advice would help. i figured from a dx would work.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Mar 17 2005, 09:16 PM
remover lines to rack and cap then it will be ok just make sure to cap or you will have problems
[post=475089]Quoted post[/post]​

were could i get some caps that would fit. could i get some from a hardware store or something like autozone?

and there looks like there is a sensor ing the main line running the steering rack. what about that?

un plug it and forget about it no problems and yea check the hard ware stores

get two bolts of the same thread and size and plug the holes, no sweat.

i noticed a huge difference in my sol after doin this swap and not running power steering, alotttt harder to turn everywhere, i just need the line from a b series pump i think so i can have power steering back!

if i was you id spend the little bit of money it is and get a CX rack, the gearing is different and alot easier to turn since it was meant to run with no hydraulic assist.

its a basic rack, it wont be expensive at all!

just an option thats all! :)

Back