swap b16b into ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm ek

i have a 96 civic hatch that i am about to do a swap into. first i have a couple questions. i am debating over a ctr motor or a gsr swap. which one would be easier? i also have a obdI skunk2 chipped p72 ecu and a 96-98 obdII to obdI harness for my civic because i want to run that computer in my car. will i need to do anything else to make my car obdI compliant? so if i get the ctr motor, will that bolt directly into my car since the motor did come out of a 6th gen civic? and wiring, what do i have to do with the wiring harness? links to helpful sites or your own personal comments/advice would be greatly appreciated.

First off, don't base your choice on what silly chipped ecu you have, base it on what you need out of the motor. If you look through this site, you will find that chips usually do more harm than good, and who knows if it is even a skunk2 program. Now, with the choice between the CTR and GSR, I would go with CTR, just because it is probably the smoothest, rarest, and nicest motor honda made. That isn't because it would be the best for your application, just because I've always wanted one, and it's a great motor. Really, if you want to expand, and build the motor, it would be not only cheaper, but better to go with the B18C. However, if you wanted to road race, and keep the motor stock, I'd probalby go with The B16B, but it's really expensive. Why might I ask are you looking at the CTR anyways?

Back