Swap B20A5 for B20B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Senate9690

my 1988 honda prelude with a b20a5 engine just blew... i was wondering if i could put a b20b engine into it. or any engine that is on the www.totaljdm.com webpage, if someone could find this out that would be great email me at Senate9690@comcast.net thanks

nope, different mounts, different shift linkage, the B20A5 is the basturd child of the b series motors- basically you're stucj with that motor, maybe boost it to make the best of it :)

Can the B20a5 be put into a 91 Lude without a lot of problems involved? I really need some help guys. Talk to me Mine is a 5-speed with a blown b21a1 that has a hole in the block. What can I replace it with?

same thing bud. Those early b20 and b21 motors don't line up with b16, b18 or F or H series. They suck. Get another one just like it and boost it, or look forward to a lot of modifications and wiring.

My 91 Prelude had a B21A1 engine in it & blew up. What engine can I use to replace it with? Since the 20b5 isn't that good what would you recommend?

My 91 Prelude had a B21A1 engine in it & blew up. What engine can I use to replace it with? Since the 20b5 isn't that good what would you recommend?

The only thing you'll be able to replace it with (within reason) is the same motor. As stated above, the B20/21A's don't mount the same as any other Honda motor. They're the bastard B-series's.

Ok Thanks Guess I will just junk the car then as I cannot find a b21 engine anywhere. I've got the ground kit on it too. New clutch & new head & it's in very good shape. Not worth a thing wihout an engine for it.

also have 91 lude with blown eng

Am I to understand, the b21A5 does not match up with any other engine,except the B20 series? Is that correct? Cause i can't find any B21a5 engines anywhere.

the b20 should fit without significant modifications?

thanks

All we know is what we have been told. Your gen prelude and 88-89 Accords have engines that just don't have easy swap ins. Other motors can and will fit, but just not a simple swap in. F and H series are easy swaps. B and D series are easy swaps. Your prelude isn't.

As mentioned, an engine importer or a junkyard will be able to find which engines interchange, or how easy.

Ok Thanks Guess I will just junk the car then as I cannot find a b21 engine anywhere. I've got the ground kit on it too. New clutch & new head & it's in very good shape. Not worth a thing wihout an engine for it.

I know of a black 90-91 with a B21A1 in it, and it's a manual, but i don't know where you're at. I honestly don't know what condition the motor or transmission is in. He said he's gonna junk the car. I was thinking about ganking the engine out of it, but I don't know if i can drop it in place of my B20A5. I'm in Mississippi. It's in a small wrecker yard in the town i work in. He's also got an 88-91 Civic hatch that i'm trying to scoop up. Someone abandoned it along the interstate, and he said he needs to apply for a salvaged title. I said, "Well you better get hot, because i wanna snap that thing up, QUICK!" It's just screaming for a built H22 with possible turbo or supercharger.

Back