swap bigger radiator?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigmikerican

hello again now my swap is done b18c1 into a 93 civic dx now my mechanic was saying i should put a bigger radiator in cause the stock civic one wasnt enough for the gsr now is this true cause all the swap info i read up noone said to get a bigger radiator for the swap let me know what should be done cause im gonig crazy with this swap already

thanx guys i figured i didnt need to swap it this guy never dealt with swaps so i always ask first thanx for the help

you can keep the stocker.

on here 'k-series' is putting a k20 into his 92-95 eg and is using a stock civic radiator.

you'll be fine w/a stocker.

Quoted post[/post]]

on here 'k-series' is putting a k20 into his 92-95 eg and is using a stock civic radiator.

CORRECT ME IF I HAVE "k-series" MIXED UP WITH SOMEBODY ELSE ...........................BUT HIS CAR IS A DRAG ONLY CAR..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

CORRECT ME IF I HAVE "k-series" MIXED UP WITH SOMEBODY ELSE ...........................BUT HIS CAR IS A DRAG ONLY CAR..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, wouldnt a drag only car be under more stress than a driver? at any rate, he's running a half size single core radiator in a drag car.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

well, wouldnt a drag only car be under more stress than a driver? at any rate, he's running a half size single core radiator in a drag car.

Drag cars see alot less heat than a daily driver.. I've seen several with no radiator at all.

but still, a k series swap calls for an ep3 or dc5 radiator, not a damn dinky eg half size radiator. so his stock radiator will support the gsr swap he is trying to pull off, no? yes, it will

/thread

ive seen plenty of B series swaps running the stock EG radiator
unless you are dealing with race conditions in 100+ degree heat i wouldnt worry about it

aren't the dx radiator thinner than ex's?

my dx radiator was thin was f-ck and Pewble gave me his (he bought one on ebay), almost double the thickness, and now is cooling it fine
the dx radiator was super hot when i touched it, lmao

oh yea, b16 swap into 95 hatch

Stock will be fine. The DX and EX should have the same size radiator if both have the same transmission.

If you want a higher capacity radiator, get a del Sol VTEC unit. It's twice as thick as the DX radiator, so you'll have more cooling capacity, still be cheap, and mount easily in the stock location.

Back