1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Candidate

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by FFCiv, Mar 13, 2003.

1. FFCiv

FFCiv Senior Member

2. hndacvcjosh

hndacvcjosh Junior Member

since the guy was nice enough to take the pictures just right so you don't know exactly how much damage I would guess you would need:
    Core Support $150
    Radiator $120
    Engine $500-1000
    Tranny $300
    Bumper Support$75
    Front Bumper $? Depends on what you want prolly 100 or more
    New Hood $250
    Fenders $150
    The inner fender possibly

Not worth the repair costs unless you know someone that can do it for you, and even then it will set you back as much as just buying a civic with no damage probably. Never checked but it prolly has a salvage title, I'd say keep your money! I know that when I hit my civic there was less damage than that and I racked up at least $3100 in labor and parts and my fenders were still intact.

here try this for a swap candidate http://www.thepartstrader.com/SingleAd.cfm...D=130&C2ID=1000 a lot less expensive to fix and lighter.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Using his estimates instead of the motor tranny adding the $1000 to other miscellaneous parts and throwing in a GSR swap came up with $5845,tack on a couple grand for body work and your looking at around $7500-$8000,for a GSR civic,not terrible,but you can do better for the money.

4. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

buying a wreck is usually stupid. If that frame is bent even like 1 cm, the car will never be the same.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

True also,and the reason I didn't swap into my 1st gen rex,the chassis was cracking inside the bay at the corners.It is very expensive to get a frame staightened,it's illegal here in Germany.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted