Swap Candidate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by FFCiv@Mar 13 2003, 06:34 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&category=6783

is this a good candidate for swap? how much would you guess the cost would be for the repairs needed (including engine and tranny). should i consider this or keep looking for 92-95.

since the guy was nice enough to take the pictures just right so you don't know exactly how much damage I would guess you would need:
Core Support $150
Radiator $120
Engine $500-1000
Tranny $300
Bumper Support$75
Front Bumper $? Depends on what you want prolly 100 or more
New Hood $250
Fenders $150
The inner fender possibly

Not worth the repair costs unless you know someone that can do it for you, and even then it will set you back as much as just buying a civic with no damage probably. Never checked but it prolly has a salvage title, I'd say keep your money! I know that when I hit my civic there was less damage than that and I racked up at least $3100 in labor and parts and my fenders were still intact.

here try this for a swap candidate http://www.thepartstrader.com/SingleAd.cfm...D=130&C2ID=1000 a lot less expensive to fix and lighter.

Using his estimates instead of the motor tranny adding the $1000 to other miscellaneous parts and throwing in a GSR swap came up with $5845,tack on a couple grand for body work and your looking at around $7500-$8000,for a GSR civic,not terrible,but you can do better for the money.

buying a wreck is usually stupid. If that frame is bent even like 1 cm, the car will never be the same.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Mar 13 2003, 09:56 PM
buying a wreck is usually stupid. If that frame is bent even like 1 cm, the car will never be the same.

True also,and the reason I didn't swap into my 1st gen rex,the chassis was cracking inside the bay at the corners.It is very expensive to get a frame staightened,it's illegal here in Germany.

Back