Swap D16a6 To D16a9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXlegal_R

Hello all, i'm from Holland and Drive a Honda Civic '89 ED7 ,i dont know if that is the same type you guys or girls drive but its a european civic, i want to swap it with a D16A9 CRX engine its a DOHC and now i have D16A6 SOHC, what can i expect for adjustments and what to do with wireharness, i only have the original version. Not the A9 version. :eek: Can someone help? thanks and sorry if my english is bad, i know i can speak right but my english writing is not always good :p Greetz Tom

the d16a9 is like an integra motor from around the same time as the d16a6. As far as wiring goes you may just have to extend some wires to attach to the sensors. For the most part it should be a plug and play swap quite similar to installing a ZC motor. The part i am not sure about is if that motor fits in a ED civic with the stock mounts.

I have Hasport mounts, they fit i know that ,these engines are bold-in here, i thought that i needed to add wires to the sparkhead (sorry dont know the right word) because know i have single camshaft and going to 2 camshafts.

Back