swap done, but transmission leaks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

r6_sivik

i just finished my swap(gsr into del sol with b16 tranny) i look under neath the car and theres a puddle its coming from the tranny how hard is it to replace all the seals on a tranny i already replaced the seals on the cv joints where else could it be leaking from the drain plug and fluid check plug are on tight what else is there

did you pre grease the seals before you put in the cv shafts. And also are you sure you didnt damage them when you put the cv shaft in. Also does it apear to be coming from inside the bellhousing betwen the motor and trany if so you need a new input bering and seal

i just had the exact same thing happen to me a month ago

the b16 i bought had a mid shaft on it that i didn’t use, i used a different one.

the inner opening on the tranny seal was to big. so i went back to the old transmission(where the mid-shaft i was using cam from) and snagged the seal ring. sure enough the inner diamiter was smaller, correct size to my mid-shaft

cliff notes : ill bet its the drivers side seal on tranny, inner opening to big.

let me know what it was so i can feel smart or stupid

i did the same thing you said about going to my old tranny and i replaced all the seals and there still dripping but not as much on the passenger side shaft it doesnt seem o go in all the way there is still about 1/4 of an inch to go is it to short do i have the right shafts the shaft i have are from a gsr do i need b16 ones

Back