Swap Engine '97 B16A2 In Civic '92 with D16Z6 HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Coyote

Hello!

I'm a Student from Slovenia in Europe and i would need Help. I know the best people with
best knowledge are here.
I'm a newbie in those things so please help me.

I have a Civic 1.6 Si Hatchback (1992) with D16Z6 Motor. I have already bought
a Civic B16A2 (1997) motor with ECU, Drive Axles, Mounts and Transmision (5 manual).
Now i will need help. So please: :roll:

Are there anything else what do i need? Which parts fits both engines? Which Parts
can i use from my D16Z6 Engine?
Will there be a Problem with the connectors and the new ECU? Should I buy an old
'92 Civic VTI (160 HP) ECU? Can i run the motor with the old D16Z6 ECU until i have the other?

After the swap i would increase Performance. And here my question's:

Which ist the best method to Increase Performance on the B16 Engine?
I would spend a maximum of 1500$. (Air Intake, Manifold, ...? Exhaust?)...

What abaut the Mufflers , Cold air Intakes and Manifold's on Ebay?
There are also Headers for 80-100$ Ceramic.

Thank you for the Answers!

Are there anything else what do i need? Which parts fits both engines? Which Parts can i use from my D16Z6 Engine?

assuming you get the entire swap parts, you will need nothing. If not, you will need a 92-95 VTi shift linkage, possibly a missing mount, things of that sort. it really depends on what exactly you have. you shouldn't need anything from the z6.

Will there be a Problem with the connectors and the new ECU?

yup, its not going to plug in. the p30 ecu from the 92 VTI is the perfect choice. the Z6 p28 will run you short term- but baby the motor, as the fuel maps are all wrong for the DOHC motor.

Which ist the best method to Increase Performance on the B16 Engine?
I would spend a maximum of 1500$

ebay stuff is generally garbage. stay away.

$1500 USD isn't much, but its enough to get you going for sure.

a cold air intake, like the Comptech ice box, or the aem CAI are good choices.

a good 4-1 style header- i really can't recommend a brand (I'm a turbo guy :) )

a good cat-back exhaust- thermal, tanabe, apexi, greddy, etc.

those 3 things should put you at around or just above $1000.

with the remaining 500, i'd suggest civic type R (CTR) cam shafts.

I think that will give you the best bang for the buck

pissedoffsol: Thank you very much! It seems taht you know many things about this. It was very helpful. :lol:

If anybody has a good advice abaut a good Performace upgrade, please post a reply!

Thanx

;)

Hello!

Has anybody bought a 4-1 Header form ebay. They say that that Header are a Copy of the Mugen or DC-Sports ones. And they are cheaper but they are good to.

And what about the NOS system? Is this good for the Drag Races? And can the NOS damage my Engine? So max 50-70 HP? Whats the limit with the standart Engine B16A2? :unsure:

Where can I get this Performance Parts? Can anybody tell me a good and cheap Site?

Thank You very much! ;)

Back