swap f22 into del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frodotoolbox

92 civic si d15b
i dont really need any mechanical insite (im not doing it cuz if something gets fucked up i wont have any one to blame it on) i just need to know Roughly how much it would cost for the wire harness and to have some one swap it. i havent been able to make it over to the show zone (my local tuner shop) and they were closed today so i wanna know how much before i get this engine and find out its too much thanks alot

An F22...into a Del Sol? Why?

You realize the F22 is an Accord motor right? It will give you some decent torque, but not a whole lot more horsepower than what you already have with your D16Z6.

It's also going to be expensive, because it's not exactly a bolt-in swap. It's going to require custom mounts, probably the Hasport H22 mounts. It won't hook up to your stock transmission, so you'll need that too, and they'll probably have to do some cutting or use custom mounts to get the tranny to fit.

If you're going to go through all of that trouble to swap, then go with the H22, not the F22. It mounts exactly the same way that the F22 will, and it will give you 200 horse as opposed to the 130-140ish the F22 will give you.

Also, what's your deal lately? You're all over the place with this swap stuff. First you want to turbo, then you want to swap your motor when it reaches 200k, and now you want to swap your car right now with an Accord motor???

Chill out, and take some time to think about what you actually want to accomplish with your car before you do anything like swapping or going turbo. You change your mind every freakin' day, and you really shouldn't be doing that. You need to decide what you want to do with your car first, and that decision will help you answer the questions of "should I swap?" or "should I go turbo/supercharger/nitrous?" etc.

my dad owns a shop next to this guy swho has a body shop and the guy want my dad to do some a/c work in his house in exchange for paint and body work for our opel gt and my dad wants to get the f22 engine he has sitting on the ground the guy says the engine only has like 30,000 miles on it so that cool. so if my dad decides to get it i just wanted to know about how much but thanks for the info about the trans and mounts and stuff

Back