swap finally done!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what dirty engine bay? where?

:p

so ya, dyno day didn't go so well... here is the long story.

so i decide to throw on the stock injectors w/ecu to see how it runs. immediately runs 110% better, but i know i'm running lean. so i decide to drive down like that, because before it was so rich it would die like a dog, top speed was like 60mph on the freeway, that bad... so i put stock injectors back in and make a nifty plug from radio shack so i can switch to the 550's when i get down to the dyno, good idea, ya! ok so i do all this nifty wiring and leave that morning to work. i get off work early because the appt. is at 2pm. start the car and i want to let it run for a while and check it out just to make sure its all good. i hear a funny noise and see my timing belt going all crazy, so i shut off the car. look at the timing belt and see half of it chewed bad. i look down the timing cover and see a small bolt down there, wonderful. so i fish the thing out after like 20 min of fucking with it and drive down there with my tore timing belt. get down there, they don't have any oem ones in stock, so i buy a toda one, which is fucking bank. so anyways, i proceed to do the timing belt and have limited time alloted for tuning because there are people after me. get the thing changed in like an hour and then switch out the injectors and ecu and start it up. i get a CEL for injectors. So i think its my wiring. so now i have to rewire 8 wires for the injectors, great.... do that in like 30 min while the owner is saying to me "if you want your car tuned, we need to start now" i just ignore him and keep working. so i get that done, still a CEL, i'm like fuck.. so i remember i have my trusty helms with me and proceed to do their troubleshoot. get all the way to the end, then test for power on the injectors. boom, #1 gets no voltage with the ignition on. so i look at the wiring for #1, all good. go back to the ecu clip and notice the pin inside the car harness was kind of bent up from me testing continuity with my ohm meter from earlier. so i bend it back down and plug in the ecu, code is gone.... omg :bash: lol... so anyways, now i have like 20 min left for dyno time. so i'm like, ok get it tuned so i can at least drive on these 550's. so he had already tried to make another base map, that ended up making 110 whp, lol. so he messes with it some more and gets it to 160whp and i'm out of time :(. i'm running a little rich and i have since gotten my new cat (old cat was jacked, and ghetto rigged to the 2.5" header collector. so i go back on the 23rd for more tuning and my exhaust is all straigth now. the car is driving much better since the new cat has been installed. also, the old cat was freaking welded to the exhaust so i coulnd't remove the cat and gut it :( damn exhuast guy bastards! now everything is flanged so i can do stuff on my own, woot.
torque is a nice thing to have now, lol. thing pulls damn good, i'm really starting to enjoy this motor. :) so more tuning on the 23rd and i can't wait. then HPDE on may 1st, hopefully i can swing the funds to go. if i do go, i'll get some more incar footage :)

EDIT:
oh ya, and fuck
:cliffs:
didn't feel like typing them :)

Damn what a mess. That's great though you figured out the problem though.

I bet that thing when tuned right, is going to screeammm. :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 16 2004, 12:35 PM
i think we need to change your name :)

how's "fuckaB16" sound?
;p

:lol:
B16 still a good motor, i'm thinking about rebuilding the A3 i have just to keep as a spare... i dunno :p

Back