1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap For 4door Lx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by vanishingblackspeed, Mar 4, 2003.

1. vanishingblackspeed

vanishingblackspeed Junior Member

ive had a four door lx for last year and a half. i had the opportunity to buy a 2000 passat turbo and 97 maxima se from family members but decided to see what i could do with this. done mostly interior mods and now want to get some real power. the two engines that i have in mind are the prelude and ls. ive heard that the ls is a good engine to turbo, but was also wondering what results could be done with the bigger prelude engine. what turbos are recommended for each one, and what internal mods i will have to do to avoid trouble(recommended cams etc). also curious about exactly what kind of maintenance is required with the turbo. im looking for a powerful daily driver and track once in a while. looking for a 4-7 g's budget. also, if you suggest any better engines to turbo like the gsr, let me know. thanks

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

it will cost 4 g's just to get a prelude motor in your car and running.
    the ls will cost about 2g's all running.

the h22 is a good motor, but doing internals on it requires a sleeve job = expensive. you aren't doing that on a 7 grand budget for the swap build and turbo, thats for sure.

the way i see it, you can have a fully built LS boosted for the same price as a stock h22.
    my opinion, LS

3. vanishingblackspeed

vanishingblackspeed Junior Member

i have a guy in s.j. that can get me an ls with install for 1500.if i go ls, what turbo do u recommend and internal build

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted