Swap for 95 odyssey ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lurch

I have a 95 Odyssey and well the motor feels a little tired. I mean it has 240k on it. I am looking to do a swap and i would like to know what my choices are. I would like to do wither a h22 or the 3.5 v6 from the newer Odyssey. Any ideas would be great thanks.

3.5 is probably a better option. I would just swap it for a new car.

While the 3.5 would be awesome it certainly won't be the easiest. Guys, the first gen Odyssey came with a F22 just like the Accords. Putting a H22 in there is cake.

hmmm the reason i was thinking the j35 was because it is cheap i can get a donor car for 500 , i am working on VIPing the van right now it is on bags and 19x11 in the rear and 19x10 in the front talk about poking lol . the van is being stanced out lol. i have a bb6 prelude for a modding fast car.

While the 3.5 would be awesome it certainly won't be the easiest. Guys, the first gen Odyssey came with a F22 just like the Accords. Putting a H22 in there is cake.
Korax is right. Dropping the H22 in there should be no more difficult than swapping one into a 95 Accord

from what i have read it is a direct swap but i was hoping to find someone that either had mounts or made mounts for the swap

taken from another site

mounts are the same but i used a cd accord mount for the rear on my 5 speed conversion and any trans for the h22 and f22 will work. of course the h22 with lsd would be the best. depends on the amount of money you want to put into it. stay away from the 97up prelude parts, different ecu and wire harness makes it confusing.

to do the 5 speed swap, youll need to get a custom clutch pedal assembly or a stock bent one to clear the floor, clutch master cylinder, shifter assembly, ive used the accord and seen the prelude ones used, and we both used a custom shifter box to raise the shifter assembly. My friend up here in la has the know how on the parts. He makes the pedal assembly and shifter box.

taken from another site
like i said though i would really like to do the j35 swap i found one cheap. I realize the h22 would be better but for this build I am adding alot of weight and trying to still maintain the 7 pax seating. that being said I guess i would need to get it and fab something up myself. Unless you know of someone willing to take on the challenge:D

Back