Swap from hell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bukab16

sick wit it
This swap has been ridiculous it started after the car was impounded and the old swap was removed by the police. They cut all the wiring in the engine bay of my 98 civic. I bought a 95 SirII complete swap. The V-Tech never popped, I changed all solenoids and it still never worked. The head was bad so I rebuilt that and that didnt work. I put a 99-00 si wring harness in now everything works but the car wont pass inspection because the OBD II doesn't read. The shop I took it to In NC (originally done in NY) told me I need a new Harness. Whats goin on Im goin Crazy.:confused:

answer the question
dznutz157

icon1.gif

why was the car impounded? why did they cut anything at all?

i'm not helping a thief or any one who buys stolen motors
it's people like you that make it possible for my shit to get jacked and then i'm fucked cause i worked for something then you or one of your boys says i want that and takes it and then what do i get my insurance telling me it's not covered - get the fuck off this site

Last edited:
The car was impounded because in New York they have something called auto crime specifically for hondas. The car had blew the original engine so the mechanic offered me a swap instead of rebuilding the original. Come to find out the motor was stolen, auto crime impounded the car and removed engine, tranny and did it very sloppy( cutting the wires). Trust me I hate people who take something that someone else spent their hard earned money for. That mechanic got what he deserved after pulling that shit on me. Like I said this has been the swap from hell its going on two years and things still arent right. I'm tired of these damn mechanics ripping me off so any advise is helpful.

Last edited:
i still dont understand how they knew your specific car had a stolen engine... unless they knew that you and your car specifically were involved and were looking for you in the first place

Two things they actually pulled the mechanic over while he was testing the car, and in New York between the 5 boroughs and long island they need no reason besides driving a honda . I guess the theft situation got so bad the auto crime unit focused specifically on hondas. but you may have a point maybe they were watching the shop I took my car to. I had to go through a big deal to get it back and through court to get my money back for all my expenses cuz of that asshole mechanic.

Back